Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Why bother with 4 motion

Use rope to tie strips to tow hitch at the rear, then as you move you bring the strips along with you in case needed again.

SNAP - I was too slow.

Clearly there are a lot of very clever people on this board, mod noted. Excellent plan. When I think of all those sand ladders I left in Libya. Thats the trouble when you leave a scientist behind the wheel.

When you think 4Motion is 'only' to help you out in snow or muddy campsites, here is an opportunity to see how much more powerful the system is, for those who don't believe it. Organised by Seikel and TerraCamper. We are going!

2nd Off-road Festival for VW Transporter 4Motion, 5-7 May 2016, Fürsten Forest, Germany

T6_neueGeneration-1024x675.jpg

Looks really nice, after the warranty is out on our T6 I will really consider a seikel kit.

Looks really nice, after the warranty is out on our T6 I will really consider a seikel kit.
You don't need to wait if you don't want to. Several after market outfitters like Seikel and e.g. VB Air suspension have so-called "Letters of No Objection" from VW for their adaptations. The VW warranty then stays in effect if you have them fit their stuff.

Someone mentioned that Seikal had been bought by VW.

From Seikel website.

Does the Volkswagen AG warranty continue after a conversion?
Most conversions are subject to a no objection certificate from Volkswagen AG. The factory warranty therefore remains valid. SEIKEL GmbH grants a 2 year warranty on its own parts.
In individual cases, however, the warranty may expire. We will be delighted to explain this in your individual case.

What to say about this video, I would say they try to proove that the VW is worse:
Seems to me he is being less sympathetic with the VW and spinning the wheels deliberately.

Seems to me he is being less sympathetic with the VW and spinning the wheels deliberately.
Funny, this!

Clearly, with the VW he gives a lot more throttle than with the MB. Could be that the VW is manual, and the MB automatic. Or he switched off ESP (something we read here other people sometimes do as well; which we have always learnt you shouldn't: it disables your 'electronic' diff lock). Then he should do a 4Motion course...

And when reversing he brakes in the VW, making the car skid. ESP/ABS disabled? More a tyre issue than anything else. He doesn't brake in the MB. Perhaps he learned from the first run... ;-D

Are the systems in VW (Haldex) and MB comparable? No idea what all wheel drive system MB uses.

2 days ago we drove from ski trip from Italy through the Austria.
There was a huge traffic jam on the highway due to heavy snowing. Waze found us a decent detour and we rode around through some villages. We passed dozens of stuck cars, some were equipping chains, some simply sliding back and force and pushing cars.
We just had a slalom between numerous stuck cars. We arrived back home 3 hours earlier than our friends with front wheel drive who were stuck on highway.
We enjoyed nice snow covered scenery as well.

...for about the time it takes you you get to the price list ;)

Back