Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Why I bought a California

Great video thanks for sharing the scenery look beautiful :thumb

Calikev said:
Great video thanks for sharing the scenery look beautiful :thumb

Actually I can't wait to get back home in it and enjoy the UK !

Fantastic!
Its why We bought a Calli too,we're off to Croatia in ours,journey starts tomorrow night :D

Big Bloke said:
Fantastic!
Its why We bought a Calli too,we're off to Croatia in ours,journey starts tomorrow night :D

Croatia is simply stunning - and you're going there at the right time of year. Have a good one!

dayslikethis - I'm inspired but I'm owning up here to being a scaredy cat! What do you do for vehicle insurance? I'm just thinking about what happens if you break down? I'd love to visit those places but fret about personal security also (though my wife is more travelled than me and would worry less)? You do lovely vids too!

IanE said:
dayslikethis - I'm inspired but I'm owning up here to being a scaredy cat! What do you do for vehicle insurance? I'm just thinking about what happens if you break down? I'd love to visit those places but fret about personal security also (though my wife is more travelled than me and would worry less)? You do lovely vids too!

Travel - safety - really not a problem in the Balkans as crime is low although driving standards in Kosovo and Albania can be frightening. Furthermore the roads in both countries must be driven with caution due to landslides on mountain roads and sometimes missing manholes in the towns. I rarely drive at night.

Insurance - that's a completely different story and there are many threads on here re this. My circumstances are a little unique given the length of time here and there are obligations with DVLA and my host country. In my case I've maintained my UK insurance (fully comp) with Stuart Collins of Swansea however they only cover EU countries so I've had to make other arrangements to cover me fully comp for other countries.

Breakdown - not happened yet but as my vehicle is new VW appear to cover me. In my previous vehicle I had a slow puncture in Kosovo, it was fixed in 15 minutes at a garage for 2 euros.

Finally in my experience personal security may be more of an issue in parts of the UK than here. This will be my first winter with my Cali here and I have the option to buy winter tyres or keep it garaged, still deciding!

Hope this helps.

Back