Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Why I decided NOT to wait for the GC

No good that is it,
We went to look at the black one for sale in Doncaster ...
Really couldn’t get on with the shower/toilet combo
Have you seen one in the flesh?

More bad news from me I'm afraid, I've just returned from holiday fully expecting my Boxdrive to be here and ready to collect. Nope, its still in Germany and the earliest they can get it to the uk is 16th October. Seems its just been sitting there for three weeks. Beggars belief! I've blasted them, told them its got to be here next week or I'll cancel... Seems our German friends are in no rush to help us brits, cant imagine why...

hummm....I suspect it's not been built. I've been told Knaus will only build these things in numbers and it's unlikely our vans will be be given different build slots... mine was rescheduled to be built end of last week/ beginning of this week and suspect they'll be built and shipped at the same time.... but then I've been know to be wrong....

Regarding the cancellation, I've told my dealer something similar....

No good that is it,
We went to look at the black one for sale in Doncaster ...
Really couldn’t get on with the shower/toilet combo
Have you seen one in the flesh?

Oh, II thought the way they've separated the shower and toilet and use of space was a good design idea.

:) would be boring if we all liked the same things I guess....:)

I have suspected this might be the case and makes sense. When they told me it was ready, maybe they meant van arrived from VW ready for build and something has gone wrong in translation, so now my dealer is feeding me a load of lies. My threat of cancellation to try and get it here sooner would never work. Now collecting it on Monday 21st Oct... I hope!

Oh, II thought the way they've separated the shower and toilet and use of space was a good design idea.

:) would be boring if we all liked the same things I guess....:)

Totally agree, this is one of the reasons I chose this van, clever use of space... Although I haven't seen one in the flesh yet, so I hope this is the case. Will find out week on Monday. Guess itscalledbob and I are the UK pioneers for this vehicle, will let you know how I get along with it...

Totally agree, this is one of the reasons I chose this van, clever use of space... Although I haven't seen one in the flesh yet, so I hope this is the case. Will find out week on Monday. Guess itscalledbob and I are the UK pioneers for this vehicle, will let you know how I get along with it...

Another fly in the ointment.... I'm told there could be up to a three week delay in getting them registered :headbang

Another thought, are you expected to pay the additional tax?

I've gone for the 3800kg upgrade so bizarrely it doesn't affect me??

Another fly in the ointment.... I'm told there could be up to a three week delay in getting them registered :headbang

I sent them all details (copy of licence and utility bill) yesterday to avoid delay with registration. I hope this isn't going to be the case. I've never known this kind of registration delay before.

Mine is 3500kg, as far as I am concerned I have agreed an on the road price, I don't expect to pay any more.

A bit of good news (finally) the Van appears to be built and Ed is awaiting the invoice so can transport it to the UK. Fingers crossed I’ll be posting some pictures soon. Then it’s about DVLA and their ability to promptly register so I can collect

A bit of good news (finally) the Van appears to be built and Ed is awaiting the invoice so can transport it to the UK. Fingers crossed I’ll be posting some pictures soon. Then it’s about DVLA and their ability to promptly register so I can collect

Great news

Great news
Just been talking to my dealer. He tells me all the Boxdrives are sat somewhere awaiting final checks (whatever that means) and should be released next week. I suspect yours will be sat next to mine.

Like pulling teeth....

I think that looks a lovely place to stay..we did the bigger vans and we did enjoy it it was just a bit hotel room in a field..but in another 10 years or so we will probably get one again if the funds allow,,but for now I like the Cali I like feeling like I’m still camping...
Great analogy, being in the California does make you feel like your camping rather than staying in the hotel in a field, but I still think I would possibly like a bit more space. Long wheelbase Cali? Well after all the GC has the option of along wheelbase.

Just been talking to my dealer. He tells me all the Boxdrives are sat somewhere awaiting final checks (whatever that means) and should be released next week. I suspect yours will be sat next to mine.

Like pulling teeth....
Im actually in mine now. Collected it couple of hours ago, now heading to Snetterton. My son is racing this weekend.
I am beyond pleased, the drive is superb, fit, finish and quality superb, no rattles, just glides along, and we are towing race car. We are still traveling and will be flat out busy all weekend, so won’t have time to give full feedback and images until next week.
it is very much worth the wait!

Im actually in mine now. Collected it couple of hours ago, now heading to Snetterton. My son is racing this weekend.
I am beyond pleased, the drive is superb, fit, finish and quality superb, no rattles, just glides along, and we are towing race car. We are still traveling and will be flat out busy all weekend, so won’t have time to give full feedback and images until next week.
I’m obviously very jealous but really pleased for you. I’m also delighted that the first impressions are good. Look forward to your feedback 1571344810060.png

Forgot to ask, how much road tax did you pay?

SMG Tonbridge have two GC on order.I

E3E3AE22-A47A-4A84-AD3C-F416584595AD.jpeg
Forgot to ask, how much road tax did you pay?
it came at the price we agreed, tax was £310

Nice running in strategy, 67mph whilst towing.......

Nice running in strategy, 67mph whilst towing.......

I haven't run a new vehicle in for decades, I'm sure she will be fine.
I did however cringe when I noticed the speed on my image. I don't usually go over 65 when towing, I guess I was all excited!!! Still am, shes a Beaut...

Not forgot to do a report and images. Getting my alloys fitted today, and she needs a damn good wash. 760 miles in already...

Not forgot to do a report and images. Getting my alloys fitted today, and she needs a damn good wash. 760 miles in already...
Interested to know what alloys you are getting and are they OEM sizing

thanks

Will

Interested to know what alloys you are getting and are they OEM sizing

thanks

Will

Ive gone with Wolfrace Assasin wheels in black. Not my first choice of wheel, but finding a black wheel with 3.5t rating limits the choice. I’ve gone up one inch to 17”s. I didn’t want to spoil the ride with low profile tyres. Most of my driving is motorway, so comfort is important. I was hoping to get them on today, but the tyres they ordered didnt have the required rating. I will regularly be maxing the 3.5t, so gone with Conti van tyres. Get them on it tomorrow and will publish some images.

Ive gone with Wolfrace Assasin wheels in black. Not my first choice of wheel, but finding a black wheel with 3.5t rating limits the choice. I’ve gone up one inch to 17”s. I didn’t want to spoil the ride with low profile tyres. Most of my driving is motorway, so comfort is important. I was hoping to get them on today, but the tyres they ordered didnt have the required rating. I will regularly be maxing the 3.5t, so gone with Conti van tyres. Get them on it tomorrow and will publish some images.
Thanks for your reply looking forward to your photos

Back