Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Why I decided NOT to wait for the GC

I have both as well. Are they not standard?

I don't know? Ive spec'd the energy pack which includes an additional battery and a "touch control with intuitive operating concept". Problem is I can't find an additional battery (other than the ones DNR has mentioned) and I have no idea what the touch control is. The dealer is asking Knaus but given my experience thus far I'm not holding my breath.

Yes I have both...
May I ask a favour? when you're in your van next, would you mind taking a pic of the aux battery and the shelf above it? Many thanks...

Here you go, battery area. That’s a toaster btw. I noticed your control panel has more info than mine. Think this maybe your energy pack info? See my panel.
Also looked for an additional battery under floor. Just jack and tools area in mine. Least I know where they are now

74633B2A-F0F8-4D5F-A135-07F26D0BAC72.jpeg

DEB8962B-FB73-4180-A759-CA3C51212CDF.jpeg

Couple of mods I have done you might not have picked up on.
I’ve fitted an outside light. Touch button, so only needed a 12v supply.
Also, I really didn’t like the curtain hanging over the side windows whilst driving, so I’ve moved the tie back from the bottom and positioned them high up. Much neater...

F4A08701-BA48-431C-87E6-7963BCEAC9CA.jpeg

557E3D97-ABF3-4A86-9AD8-0756D49023DA.jpeg

0D6D5898-12E5-4088-8542-9CADD5ACFB5C.jpeg

Here you go, battery area. That’s a toaster btw. I noticed your control panel has more info than mine. Think this maybe your energy pack info? See my panel.
Also looked for an additional battery under floor. Just jack and tools area in mine. Least I know where they are now

Thank you.

Yes, first thing I did was tie the curtain back too. Found a jack under the floor also. is there any electrical boxes behind your toaster? This is a picture of my battery box and charging system.

EBD43EB3-EE5A-42A9-BB93-A1E8A270BB08.jpeg

Exactly the same...

Thank you once again.

it would appear I’ve spec’d and paid for something that’s not been fitted. Finding it really difficult to keep my sense of humour.....

I haven’t got that. All my heating is through the Truma unit, diesel only. Do you have electric heating?
Have you got this info knwldgeseker?

I haven’t got that. All my heating is through the Truma unit, diesel only. Do you have electric heating?

No standard Truma diesel heater. I do have the Truma I-Net and truma CP plus panel though (which is included in the Boxdrive pack) might give more integration?

Question if I may?

had my first night in the van last night. All well and comfortable but having trouble turning off a specific light.

in the cupboard above the table there is a large panel light, reading lamp and on the end (pointing towards the windscreen) there is a cubbyhole with a nightlight. I can turn the nightlight off in 2 way; turn the panel off or press and hold the nightlight switch for a few seconds. The problem being when it’s off everything is turned off including all the usb points. Short of disconnecting it have you found a way of turning just that light off?

I don't have the ambient lighting, so no light in the cubby in my vehicle.
What I did find was we couldn't turn off the middle light without turning off all the lights. This was just because the washroom light switch (behind cabinet) was on. Once turned off, you can have all usbs working with lights off. I think this is your problem.

I don't have the ambient lighting, so no light in the cubby in my vehicle.
What I did find was we couldn't turn off the middle light without turning off all the lights. This was just because the washroom light switch (behind cabinet) was on. Once turned off, you can have all usbs working with lights off. I think this is your problem.

thanks but no light behind washroom cupboard. It appears none of the reading lights and USB’s are active unless some other light is on... which seems a bit daft !?!

There will be an actual switch on somewhere as it is the same issue we had. This vehicle has some quirks you need to work out for yourself...
You have a colour change pot behind washroom cabinet don't you? Is there not a way of turning this off at the pot itself?

To confirm, you can have all lights off and have usbs on. Reading lights turn on by touching the back of them. The way to do it is have the reading lights on, then go round turning everything else off. You have everything off and readers still on, bingo!

To confirm, you can have all lights off and have usbs on. Reading lights turn on by touching the back of them. The way to do it is have the reading lights on, then go round turning everything else off. You have everything off and readers still on, bingo!
Yes, the colour change if off, there is also an panel light with switch above sink and a magnet light activated when the cupboard door is open, all off.

I’m sure you’re right.... tasks of learning a new thing:) thanks for your continued help.

Worked it out!

been wired wrong. The feed for the ambient light has been crossed with the reading lamp. Swapped them over and all working now.
Thank

@mods this has become about just about Knaus vans, can the title be amended appropriately? It will help folk interested in Knaus, and stop me wasting my time opening it.
Cheers

Last edited:
Maybe should be amended to ‘WHY I HAVE DECIDED I SHOULD HAVE WAITED FOR THE GC’

Only joking- the Knaus vans look lovely and am sure these minor issues will soon get ironed out! A few trips under your belt and these early frustrations will be long forgotten.

The other thread on the grey 680 4Motion has got me thinking that the crafter based vans do have a lot of benefits!

Back