Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wife mutiny

timber

timber

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
£56,000 Cali and she does not want to stay away at night anymore. This is the second Cali. a SE180 4 motion. that we have had and is great
And you all think you have problems. All I have is memories, ------ get your hankies out!!!!!!!!!!
No ,I am not parting with either

There is a new singles section on the forum.....

If she said - 'its me or the California' ................ would you miss her

More wine required I think !
Or maybe you snore and she wants some peace at home ?

People can be put off with the hassle of living in a confined space, particularly if the weather is unkind. It's not for everyone; if it was we would never find a place to stop!

Pulling up at the side of a lake and sitting out watching the sun go down with a glass of wine is great when it happens. More often than not it's pouring down and you're on a muddy field somewhere!

Despite this, the Cali is still a great vehicle to travel in and provides somewhere to eat and stretch your legs out on a journey. You don't HAVE to sleep in it. We often use it in conjunction with B & B's or Travelodges etc; if you van get a special deal sometimes this doesn't cost a lot more than staying on a camp site.

We just had a deal on Wowcher for 4 nights at a great hotel near Perth and it worked out only marginally more expensive than camping at a premium site. We went in the car (just to get some use out of it) but wished we'd gone in the Cali for the convenience of not having to look for coffee stops and places to eat during the day. :)

I use my Cali as a long distance tourer even when we stay at hotel.

As Colin said, a great vehicle for eating up the miles and not having to put up with queues for curled-up sandwiches and luke warm coffee served with a scowl..

However I do tour on my own, less arguments, but Victoria and I still argue like hell (Vicky is the Sat Nav)....

Last edited:
My SatNav is called Sally. But definitely agree the California makes long distance journeys so much more enjoyable. Sitting in it at the Services listening to music or radio of your choice or reading the paper, even if you have bought the coffee and curled sandwiches, is so much better.:thumb

£56,000 Cali and she does not want to stay away at night anymore. This is the second Cali. a SE180 4 motion. that we have had and is great
And you all think you have problems. All I have is memories, ------ get your hankies out!!!!!!!!!!
No ,I am not parting with either
Why? Must be a way around it!

What no porta potty brought round from the boot and tucked in once the bed has been pulled out? Really not too bad for a tinkle in the night. Doesn't even really smell either :shocked

We've compromised, we sleep in it for long weekends with the kids at the beach etc, for anything longer we use it as transport to a self catering villa with overnight stops on the way, Its then great for beachside changing, hot or cold drinks, & an emergency portaloo, ours lives under the sink & gets used regularly.

Was thinking of going down to Romney Marsh in Kent, will try for a B&B in that area
Anyway what is this caper with the Dartford crossing charges I have not crossed the river for years and years

Was thinking of going down to Romney Marsh in Kent, will try for a B&B in that area
Anyway what is this caper with the Dartford crossing charges I have not crossed the river for years and years

There is a gorgeous CC site in the middle of Romney Marsh, so peaceful, great place for a Cali ....

ok, not a good idea

I'll get my coat :(

Goodness,

Mutinous children in one thread, mutinous wives in another .....

Tell them all to look up Richard Parker, read, take heed .... a bit drastic but then refusing to serve in a Cali is a serious business .... :shocked

Wife is only to happy for me to go of on my travels on my own
She's not into glamplng .....much prefer to be left at home and enjoy her girly night gatherings (well that's what she tells me :sad )

Alan

Same problem. Solution: we're moving to the south of France in 2 weeks: permanently. I had to agree with her on the British weather. It's awful.
Ooh, where abouts?