Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wind deflectors

Hi all ,

I’ve received a pair of wind deflectors for my T6 purchased from Climair.
They look good quality but I’m put off because I’ve just looked at the fitting instructions which involves drilling a small hole.
I don’t like the idea of drilling into my brand new Cali.

Has anyone had the VW ones fitted or any others that doesn’t involve drilling?

Sam
Good evening
I bought the genuine VW deflectors and they have compression fittings, no sticking or anything like that to hold it in place. Fitted them myself in 10 minutes... expensive buggers €96 match’s tint on the glass and slimline... I think they look great !!!

660AD3B4-142D-4890-B538-F1AF5DCD9E8D.jpeg

20B7E461-4369-41E2-910B-FF0DD0DF8D5D.jpeg

AB36C9DD-20E6-44F0-A98E-66B2CB7671F7.jpeg

Hi all ,

They look good quality but I’m put off because I’ve just looked at the fitting instructions which involves drilling a small hole.

Sam
We have dubflectas and no drilling required.

Hi all ,

Sam
Hi, I’ve got Climair deflectors fitted, and I’m really happy with them.
The hole you drill is tiny, so small I used I couldn’t get a drill bit small enough. Managed with a small panel pin to start the hole. The screw head is about only 3mm across.
The biggest worry I had about fitting was dropping the screw on the floor whilst fitting and losing the darn thing!
I certainly wouldn’t be worried about fitting them, just put a sheet on the floor in case you drop the screw.

Photo is of the screw next to a 5p piece FBE9D40F-B4CD-469C-BF63-AA288967124C.jpeg

I recently bought Heko's from Amazon. They were very easy to fit and do not interfere with the opening and closing of the window. I Would highly recommend them.

Back