Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dubflecta wind deflectors not letting window back up

A couple of years on, and I now have a different problem with my retro Dubflectas.... I noticed that the driver side one was flapping quite a bit, near the wing mirror. I have tried fitting some more clips, as I had the spare 2 from the original problem, and it is almost as though the Dubflecta has shrunk, but it won't stay attached to any of the clips now - everything is very loose.

I have ended up taking the whole unit off the driver's side and it now won't attach again - it is as though the clips are too wide for the Dubflecta, if that makes sense?

Has anyone else had a problem with the fittings coming loose after a couple of years?

(And yes, I have the thicker laminate glass, but I am not even back at the stage of the window rubbing as I can't even get it back onto the Cali!)

I think that must be it, zerofour.

Would that be a normal thing to happen on a two year old van though? Is it something I could get VW interested in or would they just recommend their own wind deflectors?

Currently driving a lopsided Cali: Dubflecta still attached on passenger side but removed on drivers side! (Obviously I am the only one who notices, but still....)!!

I think that must be it, zerofour.

Would that be a normal thing to happen on a two year old van though? Is it something I could get VW interested in or would they just recommend their own wind deflectors?

Currently driving a lopsided Cali: Dubflecta still attached on passenger side but removed on drivers side! (Obviously I am the only one who notices, but still....)!!
No problems after 2 1/2 years. I just have standard glass.

No problem on a 9year old van.