Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wind out awning

R

Russell Brown

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Newbie question, one of the plastic levers on one of the supporting legs doesn’t hold against the metal insert, is there a way of fixing or if I order a new part how do I fit ?

you have to shove them all the way up against the initial resistance so they point upwards when locked.

you have to shove them all the way up against the initial resistance so they point upwards when locked.
Thanks for replying..by doing what you suggest one of the legs is ok...I can only get the other one to work by prising underneath the metal insert...ie when pulling up the plastic lever even very hard there is no purchase on it

You can get replacement, lever spring and plastic insert As a kit

club shop, rose awnings, ebay etc

quite simple to replace, each leg has one screw holding in the plastic insert That acts as a guide for the lower extending leg, the screw is located at the end of the larger section of the leg (upper section) rotate the leg so that you can see it and get at it easily ( do not wind the awning out more than 300mm. it can break the support brackets holding the awning to the van)

undo the screw, on the relevant leg, fully,
pull the insert downwards to release the lower leg (from the upper)
once the two legs are apart it is self evident how the parts interact ( very basic)

I suspect the flat metal spring has either fallen out or is damaged.
the flat spring makes contact with the plastic cam lever, to create a friction fit against the sliding leg section, if this fails or becomes dislodged no friction (leg will not stay in position)

quite simple to replace, each leg has one screw holding in the plastic insert That acts as a guide for the lower extending leg, the screw is located at the end of the larger section of the leg (upper section) rotate the leg so that you can see it and get at it easily ( do not wind the awning out more than 300mm. it can break the support brackets holding the awning to the van)

once the two legs are apart it is self evident how the parts interact ( very basic)

the flat spring makes contact with the plastic cam lever, to create a friction fit against the sliding leg section, if this fails or becomes dislodged no friction (leg will not stay in position)
We have recently had trouble making the catch on the awning leg engage but put this down to not using the awning for over 9 months and the very cold weather. We poured hot water over the plastic catch and it made the lever more pliable and it clicked into position. Try this and I hope it works for you.

We have recently had trouble making the catch on the awning leg engage but put this down to not using the awning for over 9 months and the very cold weather. We poured hot water over the plastic catch and it made the lever more pliable and it clicked into position. Try this and I hope it works for you.
Many many thanks for your advice on this, much appreciated

Thanks for replying..by doing what you suggest one of the legs is ok...I can only get the other one to work by prising underneath the metal insert...ie when pulling up the plastic lever even very hard there is no purchase on it

Great advice, thanks

Back