Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wind Out Awnings - Is it just the Thule 5102 or Fiamma F45 ?

MajorUpset

MajorUpset

VIP Member
I have a T5 SE California, and am looking to get a wind out awning for it.

Having searched through many of the Forum threads, it seems it is either the Thule 5102 or the Fiamma F45 I have as options - is this the case - or are there other alternates ?

Also, can anyone point me in the direction of where to buy the relevant fitting kits for either of the options above please ?

Thank you

Having searched through many of the Forum threads, it seems it is either the Thule 5102 or the Fiamma F45 I have as options - is this the case - or are there other alternates ?

Also, can anyone point me in the direction of where to buy the relevant fitting kits for either of the options above please ?

Thank you
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/thread...you-since-ditched-overboard.40277/post-704039
Chocswahay is considering removing theirs - might be a deal?

dometic make one same as the thule but half the price

Thank you
I don't think there are any other types/ makes for the California because of the sliding door position.
I believe the Forum Shop sells the correct fittings and also the awnings.
Also, I'm not sure, but I believe the Fiamma sits higher so might take you over 2m height.

good question the cases look very similar

It looks very similar. Metal camlock for the legs.
The winding mechanism would be at the back on the California.

According to their Installation guide the mounting plates are glued and bolted, basically designed for motorhome mounting.
Would be interesting to know if it could fit the California mounting brackets.

Next time I see one I will have a look it only needs the lip on the case and a hole making to fix it to the cali bracket

It looks very similar. Metal camlock for the legs.
The winding mechanism would be at the back on the California.
Wouldn't that be because of the placement of this awning at the left side of the van, instead of the correct, right side?

Does this mean we can have a larger than 2.6m mounted? Our fabric split two years ago and I have been struggling to get a new, this might be a better solution.

I don't think there are any other types/ makes for the California because of the sliding door position.
I believe the Forum Shop sells the correct fittings and also the awnings.
Also, I'm not sure, but I believe the Fiamma sits higher so might take you over 2m height.

You can fit other types as you can specify lhd / rhd to get the winder at correct end. If you can't get a Cali specific bracket (Cali is roof mounted) would need to change the Cali multirail to a more solid version (ie - reimo multirail which a screwed + silkaflex…as needs to support full weight of the roller awning), then you just buy the specific mounting kit from rose awnings or similar. Height should still be the same as the Cali.

….but if far easier to just fit the factory fit awning as looks far tidier and will keep the resale value of the van.

Photo shows our old T4 + Reimo rail + adaptor:

IMG_5780.jpeg

Does this mean we can have a larger than 2.6m mounted? Our fabric split two years ago and I have been struggling to get a new, this might be a better solution.
If you just want the fabric replaced, you could try one of your local house awning companies.
Someone in the forum had their’s replaced with a lovely striped material.