Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Window in sliding door

Hulio3387

Hulio3387

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
I have a confirmed order build week 42 or 43 I think. Dealer has confirmed MY21. Will I have a window in the sliding door as I had imagined when I ordered or will I be the slightest bit disappointed. . The one we holidayed in this year had a window and we did use it quite a lot.

hello, we ordered a coast with sliding window in the sliding door; a must because we have a T4 westfalia equipped with one for 8 years now and use it very regularly.
Greetings and also happy waiting time; ours is due to May 2021

I don’t know if it helps, I recently ordered a T6.1 Kombi and the sliding doors with windows came as standard with the sliding window - you need to opt out to have a plain window.
So you should be fine. But always good to check with the dealer for an easy nights sleep whilst awaiting delivery.

hello, we ordered a coast with sliding window in the sliding door; a must because we have a T4 westfalia equipped with one for 8 years now and use it very regularly.
Greetings and also happy waiting time; ours is due to May 2021
A Westy with sliding window in the side door?
Not a factory option?

Indeed, our T4 westfalia california has had a sliding window in the sliding door since April 1991 (it's date of birth), you could simply order it but - at least in Belgium - the first californias were all fitted with such a sliding window during the first 2 years of construction, also double glass. After then the coach was simpler and lost some standard items from the original T4 california.

Greetings

Indeed, our T4 westfalia california has had a sliding window in the sliding door since April 1991 (it's date of birth), you could simply order it but - at least in Belgium - the first californias were all fitted with such a sliding window during the first 2 years of construction, also double glass. After then the coach was simpler and lost some standard items from the original T4 california.

Greetings
The first 2 years were probably based on the Multivan.

The first 2 years were probably based on the Multivan.
indeed they were, even all westfalia T4 california afterwards were based either on the multivan or caravelle (depending on what volkswagen supplied to westfalia as it was not always the same base vehicle but never the regular van). The first T4 California up to the coach was slightly more luxurious: carpet (a pain in the but), safe, double glazing (have already had this repaired because white spots between the glass). After that, the coach version except the special editions and there are many, there was no fixed carpet or double glazing available (the double glazing was later included in the special versions) and the safe became an option on the coach. Versions could vary from country to country like the T6.1 coast in the UK also has a bit more standard than with us (Belgium), but is also more expensive. Just some extra info, don't want to be a know-it-all :D
Westfalia, did you own a westfalia?
Greetings

that I like!
I'm trying to keep our T4 westfalia but will see by payday for our new T6.1 coast (May 2021) if I can keep it :D I'm going to do everything I can to keep it and we have a garage where it can stand in.

Last edited:
I have a confirmed order build week 42 or 43 I think. Dealer has confirmed MY21. Will I have a window in the sliding door as I had imagined when I ordered or will I be the slightest bit disappointed. . The one we holidayed in this year had a window and we did use it quite a lot.
The configurator shows it and the July 20 brochure states it for theOcean. I want one as well so will be disappointed if it hasn’t when it arrives.

Thanks for the helpful responses, I will wait with interest.