Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Windscreen wash hose split

sbmcd

sbmcd

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi, went to use my windscreen wash yesterday to see the wash mix squirting out of the nearside end of the bonnet. Found that the hose has split where it takes a tight bend when the bonnet is closed.

Could not find anything on this forum but found this is not uncommon on an other forum. The repair solutions I found were mainly using hose connectors of some sort.

I used a short piece of flexible motorcycle fuel pipe, secured with small cable ties, very easy to install and provides excellent flex without crushing crushing where the tight bend is.

PXL_20210411_093456452.jpg

PXL_20210411_093506530.jpg

PXL_20210411_093536477.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, went to use my windscreen wash yesterday to see the wash mix squirting out of the nearside end of the bonnet. Found that the hose has split where it takes a tight bend when the bonnet is closed.

Could not find anything on this forum but found this is not uncommon on an other forum. The repair solutions I found were mainly using hose connectors if some sort.

I used a short piece of flexible motorcycle fuel pipe, secured but small cable ties, very easy to install and provides excellent flex without crushing crushing when the tight bend is.

View attachment 76515

View attachment 76516

View attachment 76517
I just wound sticky, flexible, stretchy insulation tape around the tube for about 2" either side. Survived 3 yrs so far.

I just wound sticky, flexible, stretchy insulation tape around the tube for about 2" either side. Survived 3 yrs so far.
Even easier than mine, but it leaves the issue with the tight bend, we will see how long my repair lasts and compare lol.

I used a bit silicone tubing, which is nice and flexible.image.jpg

Just found this solution £7.49 kit from e-bay, easy to fit and replaces the brittle corrugated with a softer smooth tube in the high stress area by the hinge.

IMG-6992.jpg

IMG-6994.jpg

Back