Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Windscreen Washer Pipes

W

wojtek

I have noticed that when I spray my windscreen, my washer system has developed an extra spray aimed at the lower nearside corner of the screen. On opening the bonnet I have found that one of a pair of black corrugated plastic tubes, located near the nearside bonnet hinge, has split.

Can anyone advise whether it is an easy job to replace the tube myself?
I am hoping that the tube just push-fits at either end into the rubber fittings attached to the bonnet and the bulkhead.

Thanks,

Wojtek

You can get a repair kit and join the broken bit together.

cheers

Thanks Alex.
I had forgotten to say that I had ordered a replacement black tube from my local van centre.
So, can I just pull out the split tube from its rubber connections at either end and push-fit the new piece in, or are these rubber connections an integral part of the tube (in which case, I will need the repair kit)?
Regards,
Wojtek

You might need the bits to join the new tube in I would have thought. Difficult without seeing it in person.

cheers

7 years on, .... mine has sprung a leak in the same place. Brittle corrugated tube next to bonnet hinge.
Has anyone had experience of a repair?

7 years on, .... mine has sprung a leak in the same place. Brittle corrugated tube next to bonnet hinge.
Has anyone had experience of a repair?
Yep. Mine went at just under 5 yrs. Just used electrical Insulation tape wound around from 1” before to 1” after the leak. Stretched as it was applied in a spiral. 18mths on still leak free.

Back