Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Windscreen Wipers - Facelift T5

B

brother10

VIP Member
Hi,

This problem has only recently shown itself with the recent frost and snow. I try when possible to lift my wiper blades off the screen when frost/snow is around and I need to use my vehicle first thing. However, the near side wiper is located so low that it will not clear the bonnet edge - is this the same on all facelift models, or has mine been fitted incorrectly? Would welcome your input.

Bob

That is how it is on mine. I try and tuck my silver screen underneath the wiper when it is windy but you can only lift the wiper a tiny bit.

Its down to pedestrian safety legislation apparently.

:thanks for the response. Beggars the question on how to fit wiper blades doesn`t it :?:

Bob

You have 2 options when fitting new ones
1-open the bonnet & fiddle from underneath
OR
2- the correct way, park the wipers in 'service position' as per the handbook instructions.

Hi MB,
Like your style young man. When all else fails read the instructions. It is however a great relief to me, that should I throw an unsuspecting pedestrian over my bonnet he/she won`t be injured by the recessed wiper but mightjust have their eyes poked out by the offside one.

Nice sounding bit of kit you have bought - enjoy !!

Bob

brother10 said:
Hi MB,
Like your style young man. When all else fails read the instructions. It is however a great relief to me, that should I throw an unsuspecting pedestrian over my bonnet he/she won`t be injured by the recessed wiper but mightjust have their eyes poked out by the offside one.

Nice sounding bit of kit you have bought - enjoy !!

Bob

Would have given you more detailed idea of how to park them in service position, but I can't remember how you do it without looking in the book myself. I just know it's in there cos I read it a while ago.
Sorry you'll just have to put it down to my middle age brain fade ;)