Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Winscreen Replacement

A

AlanM

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
A chip became a crack following the frosts, so I've booked for a replacement. I'm insured with LV so directed to Autoglass. Given what I've read in other threads I am insisting on original VW product.
Autoglass say that originals are more expensive and that they are having to check with the insurer that they will finance without increasing the excess, currently £95.
Anyone had similar experience in getting original product fitted and if so, what was the outcome please.
Alan

A chip became a crack following the frosts, so I've booked for a replacement. I'm insured with LV so directed to Autoglass. Given what I've read in other threads I am insisting on original VW product.
Autoglass say that originals are more expensive and that they are having to check with the insurer that they will finance without increasing the excess, currently £95.
Anyone had similar experience in getting original product fitted and if so, what was the outcome please.
Alan

Hi Alan M. I had the same issue last August - insured with Safeguard. I insisted my heated windscreen was replaced by original VW part after Autoglass said it may not be. In fairness to the insurance Company they did not quibble and glass was replaced like for like.

Hi Alan M. I had the same issue last August - insured with Safeguard. I insisted my heated windscreen was replaced by original VW part after Autoglass said it may not be. In fairness to the insurance Company they did not quibble and glass was replaced like for like.
They did not ask for increased excess.

Had mine replaced a couple of years ago through Safeguard Insurance using Autoglass, insisted on VW original replacement. It was done without any additional charge, however because we have Heated front screen and rain sensors I don't think there was an aftermarket alternative at the time. Good Luck with yours.

Autoglass fix is not 100%, I would recommend to replace it with a genuine part. The new window replacement cost £472.50 inc VAT last summer.

Just to report back that I had to wait a bit for genuine screen replacement but now completed with no extra cost.
Autoglass were excellent and all fine though not yet tested auto main beam.

Back