Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Winter wheel and tyre packages?

Exactly. No EGR / DPF removals, Suspension changes without certification, Wheel size changes without certification etc: etc:

Eat your heart out mr Orwell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eat your heart out mr Orwell

No, just doing things safely to protect OTHER road users. What you want to do to your vehicle is of no concern to me UNLESS it is on the Public Road network. Then you have a responsibility to others. Kill or injure yourself or your passengers then I couldn't care less, but involve others outside your vehicle then I do care.
You only have to read some of the posts on other car/van related sites " lowered by 50mm, bottoms out on speed humps, 22" wheels rub on turning etc: etc: that is dangerous to others and probably voids the insurance so why should the public suffer because of these numpties. ANY safe modification is fine by me thats why there should be certification if you deviate from Manufacturers specification.

No, just doing things safely to protect OTHER road users. What you want to do to your vehicle is of no concern to me UNLESS it is on the Public Road network. Then you have a responsibility to others. Kill or injure yourself or your passengers then I couldn't care less, but involve others outside your vehicle then I do care.
You only have to read some of the posts on other car/van related sites " lowered by 50mm, bottoms out on speed humps, 22" wheels rub on turning etc: etc: that is dangerous to others and probably voids the insurance so why should the public suffer because of these numpties. ANY safe modification is fine by me thats why there should be certification if you deviate from Manufacturers specification.

Hi I’ve got a 180 and bought my wheels from these guys

http://www.mrwinterwheels.co.uk/

I needed 17in and they are the same as VW they tell me. You need to buy the centre caps separate if you want them to look nice at 20 a wheel. Service was great as well

No you can’t. The discs on the front are larger and a 16inch rim will not fit.
Has to be 17 inch rims only.

Alan

Does this perhaps depend on what year the van is? I have a 180 and it definitely has 16in wheels! It's 2007.

I have a 180 and it definitely has 16in wheels! It's 2007.
Yours will most likely be a 174hp. That and the 130hp engines were fitted to the pre-facelift models. In 2010, the facelifted models arrived with 140 and 180hp choices.

I note the OP has changed his vehicle details so we have no idea which vehicle we are talking about.

Hi I’ve got a 180 and bought my wheels from these guys

http://www.mrwinterwheels.co.uk/

I needed 17in and they are the same as VW they tell me. You need to buy the centre caps separate if you want them to look nice at 20 a wheel. Service was great as well

Good to find a site with the right OEM wheels. These look right to me.
Seen a variety of centre caps. Which ones did you go for?
Seen the all black and the ones with VW in chrome which look nice.

Holding fire as in no rush and someone possibly sourcing me some. If not may buy from this site.

I did have a laugh though though on visiting site that sold winter wheels.

062f966d13779608a48c98a83722bfbb.jpg

Mike

Last edited:
Good to find a site with the right OEM wheels. These look right to me.
Seen a variety of centre caps. Which ones did you go for?
Seen the all black and the ones with VW in chrome which look nice.

Holding fire as in no rush and someone possibly sourcing me some. If not may buy from this site.

I did have a laugh though though on visiting site that sold winter wheels.

062f966d13779608a48c98a83722bfbb.jpg

Mike

Hi Mike,

I went for the ones with the chrome VW logo. They look ok. I also added Avon’s latest snow tyre which seems to run pretty well. They also fit in the spare area under the van so I will be storing one there when my 18’s go back on next week.

Yours will most likely be a 174hp. That and the 130hp engines were fitted to the pre-facelift models. In 2010, the facelifted models arrived with 140 and 180hp choices.
You are of course right! Just checked my V5.

Hi Mike,

I went for the ones with the chrome VW logo. They look ok. I also added Avon’s latest snow tyre which seems to run pretty well. They also fit in the spare area under the van so I will be storing one there when my 18’s go back on next week.

Thanks

Mike