Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Winter wheel and tyre packages?

Tarquers

Tarquers

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
Just realised that the upcoming trip to Poland next week means winter tyres are a legal requirement for Germany. Any suggestions where I can buy a set of (cheap) wheels and tyres rather than having to change a set of tyres off the rims each time I change over?

As above
That’s your only cheap opinion !
17”steels and winter tyres are not cheap.

Just realised that the upcoming trip to Poland next week means winter tyres are a legal requirement for Germany. Any suggestions where I can buy a set of (cheap) wheels and tyres rather than having to change a set of tyres off the rims each time I change over?

16'' steel wheels from ebay ?

As above
That’s your only cheap opinion !
17”steels and winter tyres are not cheap.

180 SE has a minimum wheel size of 17”. Don’t forget the Spare.

Yep your right
It didn’t say it was a 180 until after our reply’s ;)
So it’s 17s the expensive ones

I need 16 inch, some decent rims on eBay so may work out nicely

Do you think anyone will have any winter tyres in stock with less than a week until your trip?

You could look at some Range Rover wheels - obviously you need the right size tyres and the right bolts but I bought s set of wheels for £80 and they are great - look better than steels or Vw wheels IMG_0196.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could look at some Range Rover wheels - obviously you need the right size tyres and the right bolts but I bought s set of wheels for £80 and they are great - look better than steels or Vw wheels View attachment 30550

Do they go straight on ? Is it only the different nuts needed ?
I thought it was a bigger job to get them on.

Do they go straight on ? Is it only the different nuts needed ?
I thought it was a bigger job to get them on.

Just different bolts and a set of spigots - which all come as a set on ebay (black or silver) just take those along to the tyre fitters and they go straight on - there’s lots of options on tyre sizes which I can help you with if you would like - where are you based ? Tim

Last edited by a moderator:
Just different bolts and a set of spigots - which all come as a set on ebay (black or silver) just take those along to the tyre fitters and they go straight on - there’s lots of options on tyre sizes which I can help you with if you would like - where are you based ? Tim

Thanks for the info.
I´m not looking for a set of RR wheels.
I´m in germany, they´ve got rules here so it probably
wouldn´t be allowed.
:thumb

Thanks for the info.
wouldn´t be allowed.

Ok no problem - good luck with what you do Tim

can you fit 16" wheels on the 180? I know you can't on the 204...
No you can’t. The discs on the front are larger and a 16inch rim will not fit.
Has to be 17 inch rims only.

Alan

Thanks for the info.
wouldn´t be allowed.
Wish they had similar rules here.

Wish they had similar rules here.
Assure you you wouldn't. Everything has to remain as factory spec unless you go to the expense of getting specific approval.

Assure you you wouldn't. Everything has to remain as factory spec unless you go to the expense of getting specific approval.
Exactly. No EGR / DPF removals, Suspension changes without certification, Wheel size changes without certification etc: etc: