Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wireless Internet Access

I am another EE Buzzard user I cant fault it in the UK either plugged into top of dash or by the inverter dont know if it can be unlocked

Larkrise said:
Just bumping this thread to see if any others did a Netgear router installation? I am finding that the heat in the wardrobe space is causing problems with the router locking up. This router has a temp range 0-35C- so I wonder if this is an issue for vehicles that will get very warm when left in warm sun. Any experience to share?

Hi Larkrise,

Although most digital kit runs at a higher temp the older analogue equipment, all electronic equipment is very susceptible to high temperatures outside the range specified.

As your router aerial is stuck to the window with the router just below it, and although double glazed, I would guess that the radiated temperatures when that window is sat in the sun can rise above the upper range of the electronics. This may well be the cause of your occasional lock up. Being in the wardrobe won't help this either.

We went for the iBoost8 which isn't permanently installed so haven't had a problem yet

Alan

Back