Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Without and with a bed extension - help!

Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky

Forever young (ish!)
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
I have searched across the forums for the answer to my question but can't find exactly what I am looking for.

What is the difference between having one and not having one? I think pictures would help me. Any takers?

I'm guessing it refers to the Beach as I don't know where a bed extension on an Ocean would go. I think you can extend the bed sideways on some versions of the Beach.

I'm guessing it refers to the Beach as I don't know where a bed extension on an Ocean would go. I think you can extend the bed sideways on some versions of the Beach.
It's an option available on an Ocean, but I think Loz may have the answer above but curiously the exact words in the options list are "Bed extension with comfort sleeping mat" suggesting something more than just the "mat". I can see I have a lot to learn!!

It's an option available on an Ocean, but I think Loz may have the answer above but curiously the exact words in the options list are "Bed extension with comfort sleeping mat" suggesting something more than just the "mat". I can see I have a lot to learn!!
You can have a small mattress that fits on the rear parcel shelf and brings the height upto the same level as the rear seat in bed mode, OR a comfort mattress which has 3 sections and folds up to fit on the rear shelf. The 3 sections cover the parcel shelf and the seat in bed mode to produce a flat bed.

Back