Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Word of Warning, if you have a Spare Wheel.

Took my spare off the other day to check it. It looked fine but the inside of the tyre (the bit you can’t see without removing the wheel from the carrier) was cracked. Checked the date stamp and it was the original (12 years old), complete with original stickers so never been used. It was immediately replaced, the thought of having to use a 12 year old cracked tyre on the motorway doesn’t bear thinking about. The rest of the van underneath is clean as a whistle.
I tend to change all 4 tyres, I have a 4Motion, together at around 3 mm tread depth. Each time I get my garage to put the best of the 4 tyres on the steel spare. It’s still legal and would only be used to get out of trouble. Also puts the low life off from taking it.

I tend to change all 4 tyres, I have a 4Motion, together at around 3 mm tread depth. Each time I get my garage to put the best of the 4 tyres on the steel spare. It’s still legal and would only be used to get out of trouble. Also puts the low life off from taking it.

Good way of doing it. Luckily I have a set of steels with good tyres so just swapped it for one of those (still had to jack up the rear to get it back in easily).

Back