Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Workshop for paintwork in greater Dublin area (GC 600)

Eber123

Eber123

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 600
Hello,

Like many years before we visited Glencolumbkille shortly before Christmas. On the way we stopped in Asda in Enniskillen to get some food.

While we parked there an older VW bus parked beside us (a wee bit sidewards behind). When they came back from shopping the wind forced the passenger door out of the young man's hand and banged against my GC 600 causing a dent and a scratch in the paintwork.

We got the car registration number and we made a picture of the insurance disk. Car and phone number was from ROI.

I got a quote of the company who wrapped the camper 2x years ago (over EUR 500.00) but I really struggle to find a company who gets the dent out, scratch repaired and repaint the panel.

My VW dealer did send me to some "authorised" paint shop repairer, but nobody can deal with a camper which has a hight of 3.1m. I got back to the VW dealer about this but they also struggle to find somebody. According to the dealer there seems there was no repair to the paintwork on a GC 600 so far.

Now I won't be in the country for the next 2 1/2 weeks which makes it a bit late to get back to the person who caused the damage (which I assume the repair will be EUR 1,000 - to EUR 1,100). But if you know a good workshop who deals with panel vans or trucks maybe you could drop me a line and I will contact them in February.

Thank you for your help.

Eberhard

Just an update about the small damage on my GC 600.

After a lot of research I found a company that would be able to repair the paintwork. It is a company who repairs trucks.

I visited them last Friday. They were very nice, checked the issue and we had a nice chat what the best approach would be.

They quoated me EUR 500.00 to get the dent out and fix the paintwork. As a reminder the repaire / replacment of the wrapping would be EUR 560.00. That is a lot of money for the repair of a "door colusion".

We decided that the dent will be repaired. The damage to the paintwork won't go to the mental. So I will leave it. The dent will be repaired Saturday week.

For all the Grand Califonria owners in Ireland, be careful where you park your camper, the repair of paintwork might not be that easy. Because the VW dealer could not help me at all, if you looking for a company who comes recommended maybe you want to contact me.

Regards,
Eberhard

Back