Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 news

treecity

treecity

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Wim posted this in another thread and I thought it deserved its own thread as it's big news for anyone waiting...

This is a Google translation from this link thus the English is a bit off at times:

"Volkswagen will Transporter T6 at the IAA in Frankfurt (September 2015) proposals. The base is the current Transporter T5 with a large number of modifications:
- Body: entirely new front with better resistance, other lights and bumpers. There also exists the possibility to order the car in two colors (two-tone paint).
- Interior: completely new dashboard, more comfortable seats, using more precious materials and the latest infotainment.
- Engines: The new Euro 6 engine range will be between 85 hp and 230 hp are powerful. The latest technology is achieved an average reduction of 15% on fuel consumption.

°°°°°

The VW factory in California Limmer has been developing since June 2014 with the adaptations and innovations for the VW T6 California. It is expected that the first campers are available from September 2015. Westfalia also announces that it develop a VW pop-top camper that can be ordered from January 2015 (see here further info).
°°°°°

A completely new Volkswagen Transporter, which the T7 will be named, would not take place before 2020 to come."

Original source here.

Crediting member Wim for the link and the good news!

Thanks Wim and treecity for this post.

More images in the media today about the T6, this is the latest one. Not much of a change which is what we all expected.

vw-t6-2015-616x345.jpg

That does look very similar to what they say the Cali will look like, as others have said this just looks like a face lift

vw-t6-calif-ab_2.jpg

Volkswagen_T6_multivan_caravelle_transporter_1.jpg

Volkswagen_T6_multivan_caravelle_transporter_5.jpg

Looks diffrent from the foto of the yellow one , the back window is diffrent but the blueone is not Cali ....

Suspect there will be little if any change at all to the interior other than the dash and possibly the main control panel

I was told yesterdat that ......hold on to your seats...!

The next update Cali , t6 or whatever it will be called will have the choise of electric/ hydrolic ....or....manual opening roof! Also on SE models
:thumb
Time to start saving for a new model....:mute

No links, some photo-shopped images and a lot of guessing I think :)

Don't think I would change until an electric or hybrid really reduces running costs

Following recent press about proposals for Euro5 engines to be charged £10 to enter London, together with good reviews of VW's new engines, I have pulled out of a deal for a new T5 and decided to wait for the T6.

I didn't want to spend £50K+ to discover that if I travelled around Europe I may have to pay to enter towns/cities, or even worse not be allowed to go in at all.

Following recent press about proposals for Euro5 engines to be charged £10 to enter London, together with good reviews of VW's new engines, I have pulled out of a deal for a new T5 and decided to wait for the T6.

I didn't want to spend £50K+ to discover that if I travelled around Europe I may have to pay to enter towns/cities, or even worse not be allowed to go in at all.

What a load of rubbish, can you imagine the logistics of not allowing Euro5 vehicles into a city? If most motorists were confronted with a sign saying Euro5 vehicles not allowed most people would not have a clue what it meant. I can maybe seeing a reduction or excemption for Euro6 but this will be a long way off.

Why it would stop someone buying a T5 Cali is totally beyond me, if I had thought like that I would not be having fun choosing my summer tour of Europe for 2015 like I am doing at the moment.

How does one spend over £50k on a Cali?

"can you imagine the logistics of not allowing Euro5 vehicles into a city" ......yes I can,the infrastructure is in place, its already happening with the London Low emission zone - if you don't meet Euro3 standards its £100-£200 per day per day to drive in the zone (thats just about anywhere inside the M25). Thats a lot of money if you live in the zone & you have to move your none compliant van/camper/horsebox.

What a crazy comment to make, for the savings you make you will end up paying out on repair bills and the inflated cost of the new vehicle (which will probably have no discounts when first launched)

The Euro6 engines are complicated beasts, we thought we had problems with just DPF, you wait to you see what can go wrong with an Euro6!!

"can you imagine the logistics of not allowing Euro5 vehicles into a city" ......yes I can,the infrastructure is in place, its already happening with the London Low emission zone - if you don't meet Euro3 standards its £100-£200 per day per day to drive in the zone (thats just about anywhere inside the M25). Thats a lot of money if you live in the zone & you have to move your none compliant van/camper/horsebox.

Yes, i know this and I travel to London on business once per month, what I was saying is this will not happen over night, it would be many years away once all the council bin lorries, buses, work vans have changed to Euro6.

I have seen many Westminster council vehicles on old 59 plates and possily older.

Can you really imagine the French introducing such a system without widespread blockades/riots etc: We might and just rollover and accept it but our Gaelic cousins!!!!!!!

Extract from Transport for London. LEZ info

Despite significant improvements in recent years, London's air pollution is still a concern. So, in January 2012, the LEZ emissions standards became more stringent. More vehicles are affected, and those that were already affected need to meet tighter emissions standards.

In February 2013, the Mayor announced that the next phase of the LEZ will only apply to the buses we operate in 2015. Operators of diesel lorries and coaches do not need to take any action.

Previously it was proposed that all buses, coaches and lorries would need to meet a London-wide standard for emissions of oxides of nitrogen (NOx) in 2015. Applying this standard to our buses only will still deliver 75% of the benefits of the original proposal while saving operators £350m in avoided costs which would have been required to clean up their vehicles under the original proposal.

Action we are taking to meet the new LEZ standard
We have already begun retrofitting 900 of our older Euro III buses with Selective Catalyst Reduction (SCR) systems to reduce their NO2 emissions. We will also replace another 900 Euro III buses with the newest, ultra-low-emission Euro VI buses by 2015.

Over the next four years, we will introduce 600 hybrid New Routemasters. This will significantly reduce CO2 emissions in the Capital by around 20,600 tonnes a year. Alongside this, there is a commitment to deliver 600 conventional hybrids by 2016 - a total of 1,200 hybrid buses by 2016.

I live just outside London and I have no desire to ever drive into London in a campervan let alone camp in London.. Especially with the fast trains from my local station which take 20mins to get to Liverpool street.
Just to add you have to drive a fair way in till you reach the congestion charge.
Only in you actually lived in central London would I say waiting for a Euro6 would be worth while.

Rippers The LEZ starts at the M25 it covers a huge area, its the congestion charge that is central london.
I wouldn't wait for Euro6 though.

Thanks for the info as its never affected me I've not worried about it. I just did a little research and its quite confusing whats effected and why. It read like presently the vehicles being charged are the ones that don't meet Euro 4? and they are proposing by 2020 that it will then be imposed on vehicles that don't meet Euro 5?
So Euro 6 wouldn't be a benefit for another 5-10years? or did I get the wrong end of the stick again lol

You are quit correct rippers.
They haven't even got the buses sorted yet, and by TFL's own admission they account for 75% of the diesel pollution. Then you have the taxis, Council lorries and vans. 10 years or a lot longer

Back