Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 news

My guess is you won't get a T6 California for at least a year. That's 365 days you won't be able to drive anywhere in it, never mind London or wherever else won't accept the current T5 :confused:

Not seen this image before

a4fddde838b03232decdac4539129ad4-jpg.318922

Don't think I would change until an electric or hybrid really reduces running costs

I wouldn't waste your time waiting for that. A short range plug-in hybrid would offer no savings for the sort of journeys you would expect to do in a Cali, and a standard hybrid is pointless. I have a company E300 Mercedes hybrid (official mpg 70+) and my average is 41mpg. It is a nice car, but small battery hybrids which charge the battery through regenerative braking simply don't generate enough electricity for significant fuel savings. The Cali is heavy enough without 200kg of batteries under the floor, so I wouldn't want that option either!

Simon

20 miles of pure electric range would make a massive difference to my weekly commute.
I'm not waiting.. got a Cali, jsut not likely to chop it in until I see "real" improvements

Reminds me of when Toyota put a big chrome grill on the front of their Hiace :D I guess it will grow on us :)

Goodness, the butler is going to have his work cut out if I change :shocked

I do understand, from credible industry sources, that VW

have been asked to produce

a military version of

the T6

German-Boxer-Armoured-Personnel-Carrier.jpg

Heavily disguised but note the tell-tale corrosion on the front leading edge of the roof

I'll have one of those. Then I'll be able to park anywhere without worrying someone is going to smash their door into the side.

I'll have one of those. Then I'll be able to park anywhere without worrying someone is going to smash their door into the side.

Or, indeed, without worrying if anyone is already parked where you want to park. :thumb

This T6 is getting duller by the minute!
That dash is virtually the same as the current multivan ( minus the walnut which is a bit 1990's? )

vw-multivan-13.jpg

I hope the walnut trim is not standard, I am an old codger, even I know that walnut is now very dated in modern cars, expecially a van!!

So far I am very unimpressed with everything I have seen, all very very boring and playing it safe !

So glad I did not wait

Nothing to say that's the T6 dash!

Few facts

T6 and new Caddy 4 planned launch in UK Sept/Oct.

Plan is that they be ordered in the summer after June 2015 International Dealer meet up.

There will be a launch event to consumers in 2 UK locations but due to production no exact date has been specified, either Sept or start of October.

No mention of the Cali from the information I got, but it doesn't mention any models specifically.

Its a dash? Once you swivel the seats around you don't see it.

If they follow what happened with the T5 the RHD & LHD dashes will be different anyway.

This T6 is getting duller by the minute!
That dash is virtually the same as the current multivan ( minus the walnut which is a bit 1990's? )

vw-multivan-13.jpg

If that's the new dash.... I already got one of those fitted in my 2012 SE.....:shocked

Back