Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Writing an online article about camping with babies & toddlers

AlexBrown

AlexBrown

Vehicle
T5 Beach
I am writing a sponsored web article about travelling in the van with babies/toddlers, for Advanture Magazine. I would love to connect with some people (both full time and part-time vanners) who have found a way to fit everyone in, keep everyone fed, and everyone happy while out on the road! If you would be happy for me to quote you within the article, I can offer backlinks to your Instagram if it is of interest

Here are a few shots from one of our winter trips to the Pyrenees with a friend of mine who is also in this group, David @California4x4 , which we did in January just gone. I have an early VW California (no pop-up roof), and our baby was 5 months old at the time. We had a great time and loads of tasty food on the grill!

IMG_8898.jpgIMG_3355.jpgIMG_8191.jpgIMG_8916.jpg

I am writing a sponsored web article about travelling in the van with babies/toddlers, for Advanture Magazine. I would love to connect with some people (both full time and part-time vanners) who have found a way to fit everyone in, keep everyone fed, and everyone happy while out on the road! If you would be happy for me to quote you within the article, I can offer backlinks to your Instagram if it is of interest

Here are a few shots from one of our winter trips to the Pyrenees with a friend of mine who is also in this group, David @California4x4 , which we did in January just gone. I have an early VW California (no pop-up roof), and our baby was 5 months old at the time. We had a great time and loads of tasty food on the grill!

View attachment 92132View attachment 92133View attachment 92134View attachment 92135
Such good memories Alex. I am still highly impressed you and Mascha made it look easy in -7 temperatures with young Eloïse!

Our first trip was 13 days after our son was born in Munich to Alpsee next to Immenstadt in Allgäu. We were on our way home to Switzerland. Actually we stayed there for one night and my parents - who went the other direction joined us for our first family camping.
Looking back there aren't any decent pictures because either we were too tired, overwhelmed, busy or just enjoying the moment with our newborn - Sorry for the blurry picture :) IMG_4006.JPGIMG_3997.JPG

Between birth in April and Summer-holidays in July we did some kind of weekend trips and then startet in summer in Kirchzarten next to Freiburg Germany to do a longer/longish trip around Europe. Of course we took too much stuff and again looking back we would do some changes however the 14 days round trip down to Slovenia back to Munich are some of our fav travel memories we share together.
Our son Ary easily adapted to travel as long as one of us was sitting next to him and enjoyed every minute exploring with us.
IMG_4226.JPGIMG_4095.JPGIMG_1815.JPG

I find it enjoyable but very stressful. With a 5 & 2 yr old it’s quite hard to relax. Space is good but it’s constant with 2x young children. It’s all about the memories :D:Nailbiting:D:Nailbiting:Grin

I do recall our screaming 6 month old for what seemed like most of the night at a very quiet new forest campsite! We left for home very early next day before we saw any of our undoubtedly sleep deprived neighbours.

I do recall our screaming 6 month old for what seemed like most of the night at a very quiet new forest campsite! We left for home very early next day before we saw any of our undoubtedly sleep deprived neighbours.
Luckily we only live 10 miles away!

I’ve got 4 kids - can be a squeeze without the awning but who cares if you are camping. I’m a keen cook and we’ve probably eaten some of the best meals ever in the van as I’ve all the time in the world to devote to cooking. Happy days:)

Back