Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Xenon Headlight European Convertors?

will yearsley

will yearsley

VIP Member
Hi

does anyone know of any options i have to convert my headlights to the wrong side for driving in europe? i have read that the black stick ons don't work correctly with Xenon, that they peel away? i was in france in december and the locals made it clear my lights are to bright either that or they liked my van! i have phoned the local dealer and they have said ask the forums, weird??! do the stick ons work with Xenon? Will

Hi

This is the most recent debate on this topic

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4842&start=15

Interesting you experienced locals thinking your headlights where high and blinding them. Thoughts from above link were that Xenon beams were fixed low (flat) and not likely to be a problem, I understand its a dealership job if you want the beam adjusted, haven't heard of any DIY fix yet. Perhaps other more travelled members on here have some info that may help.

Hi
We recently changed our Vw Touran (with Xenons) for a California,
On the Touran and I believe also on the California you buy the genuine Vw headlight protectors, these have a marked out area for the supplied black-out stickers, I think the protectors cost around £30-£40 from memory.
We used ours on several trips to France and Italy and never had a problem with them peeling off or melting etc.
Hope this helps
Matt