Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

You gotta laugh

CALI FATE

CALI FATE

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 16.48.50.png
My Mrs called me the other very cold morning - said the car wont start and there is a dashboard sign of a person sat on the toilet ....... i said send me a picture

Great spot! :D

It did remind me of the signs on the doors in a Venice campsite we visited last summer - just in case anyone wondered what the big porcelain contraption inside the cubicle was for.....!

IMG_0926.JPG

Great spot! :D

It did remind me of the signs on the doors in a Venice campsite we visited last summer - just in case anyone wondered what the big porcelain contraption inside the cubicle was for.....!

View attachment 28984

This is my favourite... from China-

09bcc83aee3f8709ad2cca30da92696c.jpg

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

View attachment 28981
My Mrs called me the other very cold morning - said the car wont start and there is a dashboard sign of a person sat on the toilet ....... i said send me a picture

My hubby showed me this story posted on Facebook before Christmas. The version we saw did not quite say ‘sat on the toilet’ it was a bit more explicit. It did make us both laugh!

Thread of the week so far! :)

This one is from the Headingley Carnegie Rugby Club

This isn't actually so funny. My husband used to work in a factory where the brand new toilets were completely trashed by workers from a different culture. It was rather sad after all the money spent on the new facilities, but no-one had taken into account the ... um ... different toileting technique!
d50678e26b0088c0a8406d2600a49dca.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry - my reply got added into Richardmk's post by mistake ...

This isn't actually so funny. My husband used to work in a factory where the brand new toilets were completely trashed by workers from a different culture. It was rather sad after all the money spent on the new facilities, but no-one had taken into account the ... um ... different toileting technique!
d50678e26b0088c0a8406d2600a49dca.jpg

Hmm..... @Verity you make an interesting point. 40 years ago I used to work in an Aluminium foundry in the West Midlands and the workforce came from a number of differing cultures. My experience there left me with no doubt that it makes little difference what culture folks came from, the toilets still got abused. This has not changed today. I had the misfortune to have a need to use the toilet whilst in B&Q just two days ago....there was a member of staff in there faced with clearing up the mess in three of the four cubicles. The bowls, walls, floor...extreme!...utterly disgusting! I thought they were going to be sick.....I turned around feeling nauseous myself and walked across the road to IKEA. There are clearly elements of society who do not know how to behave.....some things never change. Great pity.

Hmm..... @Veritysome things never change. Great pity.
I have more sympathy for someone with no experience of WCs not knowing how to use one than someone brought up with WCs all their lives.

If you have been open defecating all your life, how would you know how to use a non squat toilet? Sitting where someone else's bare bum has been sat would be the last thing you would think of.

I'm afraid that hanging that sign in a rugby club is poking fun at others' ignorance. It needs to be in places where people are using a private WC for the first time.

I have more sympathy for someone with no experience of WCs not knowing how to use one than someone brought up with WCs all their lives.

If you have been open defecating all your life, how would you know how to use a non squat toilet? Sitting where someone else's bare bum has been sat would be the last thing you would think of.

I'm afraid that hanging that sign in a rugby club is poking fun at others' ignorance. It needs to be in places where people are using a private WC for the first time.

I have no sympathy for someone with little or no experience of using a toilet - its about respect for others and that must go for all 'cultures' whether civilised or not - too much pandering going on in our politically correct country

Follow my bog: www.fitinorfeckoff.eu

I have no sympathy for someone with little or no experience of using a toilet - its about respect for others and that must go for all 'cultures' whether civilised or not - too much pandering going on in our politically correct country

Follow my bog: www.fitinorfeckoff.eu

O come on now!

We have chosen to spend two weeks in a house instead of our van to toilet train our two year old. Virtually every Western child goes through that level of parental investment to learn how to use a loo. But where do people who have no toilets or only squat toilets learn to use a sit down toilet?

Men using urinals can copy other men - but sit down toilets are nearly always closed.

Similarly, about half the UK population don't know that the other half wipe their bums in an entirely different way:
- Half standing up with their hand to the backside;
- Half sitting down with their hand through the legs.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/shanemadej...you-wipe-you?utm_term=.xfoZvPpzjj#.doJ0jzwWaa

Sorry - my reply got added into Richardmk's post by mistake ...

This isn't actually so funny. My husband used to work in a factory where the brand new toilets were completely trashed by workers from a different culture...

The French?

Those blooming stand up French 'hole in the ground' campsite bogs - drive you nuts!

;)

Setting aside the political correctness rhetoric for a moment, this sign is not hanging, but permanently fixed on the inside of the toilet door, performing a similar function to the Asian sign posted earlier. These toilets are shared by Headingley Carnegie and Yorkshire County Cricket club, spectators and academies. It. Is there out of necessity to keep the facilities useable for around 3,000 people per match day

It is still an amusing graphic.

Rather and look for PC I view the signs merely as educational. There is nothing racist or offensive in the signs. We are becoming too sensitive and judgemental where tolerance used to exist.

I don't suppose many of us will be going over to Japan in the Calis but just in case:

japanese-style-squat-toilet.jpg

Rather and look for PC I view the signs merely as educational. There is nothing racist or offensive in the signs. We are becoming too sensitive and judgemental where tolerance used to exist.
It certainly is very different if the sign is used to educate.

Unfortunately, I don't suppose there are many people who attend rugby matches in the UK and don't know how to sit on a toilet. For that reason I suggest it is used to poke fun at those who have no experience of sit down toilets.

A second alternative is that the loos at rugby matches get so shabby that those who know how to sit feel compelled to squat and the stadium management put the signs up to shift the blame from their own failure to keep them in a sanitary condition to abuse by others.

It certainly is very different if the sign is used to educate.

Unfortunately, I don't suppose there are many people who attend rugby matches in the UK and don't know how to sit on a toilet. For that reason I suggest it is used to poke fun at those who have no experience of sit down toilets.

A second alternative is that the loos at rugby matches get so shabby that those who know how to sit feel compelled to squat and the stadium management put the signs up to shift the blame from their own failure to keep them in a sanitary condition to abuse by others.

Tom do you honestly think the management of Headingley Carnegie Rugby Club would go to the trouble of putting up signs in the toilets to 'poke fun' at the loo squatters who like to balance on the pan - i dont think so

Tom do you honestly think the management of Headingley Carnegie Rugby Club would go to the trouble of putting up signs in the toilets to 'poke fun' at the loo squatters who like to balance on the pan - i dont think so
I have no idea if the signs were put up by the management or some third party as a kind of graffiti. If put up by the management I would certainly hope it is not intended to poke fun at anyone.

How much of an issue is loo squatting in this country? The only reason I can think for doing it is if the toilet is in such a state (e.g. vomit) that someone cannot bring themselves to sit but needs to defecate nonetheless. If that is the case, telling people not to loo squat is futile, they need to deal with the issue before people feel compelled to loo squat.

Back