Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bad People at the Washing Up Area - What winds you up?

T6Beach

T6Beach

VIP Member
We are currently at a campsite for four nights in the Lakes and every night the same person/couple empty their food into the sink whilst washing their plates and pans and leave a mound of pasta etc.. in the there for other people (normally me) to clean up. Why do some people ruin things for others! I am tempted to say smething to them but the mrs says we should bit our tongues.

What annoys you on a campsite? Anyone ever had an argument?

We are currently at a campsite for four nights in the Lakes and every night the same person/couple empty their food into the sink whilst washing their plates and pans and leave a mound of pasta etc.. in the there for other people (normally me) to clean up. Why do some people ruin things for others! I am tempted to say smething to them but the mrs says we should bit our tongues.

What annoys you on a campsite? Anyone ever had an argument?
Winter camping I had a morning in Spain when I stepped into the newly vacated shower to find that the previous bloke had washed the mud off his shoes in the shower tray before leaving.
There was no argument as he was disappearing through the door but i was able to entertain/educate the multinational waiting queue with some British profanities in his direction.

Someone did a poo in the shower at the Lower Lode Inn back in June, did they ever find who was responsible?

I don't understand some people, who on earth thinks leaving food in the sink is ok?

I'd have been tempted to collect it all up and put it outside their van just where they will step out

As for the poop in the shower, my mind boggles. I can appreciate accidents happen but surely you clean them up if that is what happens?

Indeed annoing but if you want things to be perfect you need to stay home.
Does not mean that don't hate those things also....;)
It's all just common sense , i keep asking myself how it would look at thiere home...not that i want to check it out:Nailbiting

We were the ones who discovered the poo in the shower cubicle, I dont think this is acceptable HC

We were the ones who discovered the poo in the shower cubicle, I dont think this is acceptable HC
Never said so ... using campsites means having to deal with others habbits ...thats my point .

Believe me i am not good in dealing with others habbits if they don't match mine:Nailbiting

Sad to say Andy it was 100% human, several of us saw it.

Yes , realy annoing , we have a dog ourselfs.
We came on a campsite in France last week ....took a nice pitch in the corner .
Wife got out .....bingo!
What i tend to see ....not taking anybody in vizer but , elder woman with small dogs ...they seem to think cleaning up dog poo counts not for them!

Yup dog poo is one of the biggest downers. And I agree relatively dog poo free campsites can have lots on the local paths nearby. Not good. With apologies to the many dog owners who always clear up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm always aware of what I'm doing when on a site as I like to think I'm a considerate person! Unfortunately many others aren't and while I try not to let it rile me it can be annoying sometimes.
The usual things for me as have already been mentioned plus thinks like people cutting across your pitch, being noisy late at night and early in the morning etc.
Had a stand up row on site once with someone on the next pitch who was quite happy to let their kids play around our van, kicking the football around it. May seem minor to some especially those who have kids (we don't) but you're just waiting for the ball to hit the van and can't relax. The site rules clearly said that no ball games were allowed near the pitches and that there was a play area for the purpose, they thought the rules didn't apply to them though so a heated argument ensued!

Unfortunately park owners regularly find themselves apologising for the behaviour of others. I could write a book with all the incidents I have witnessed over the last two decades in charge. One bizarre event that springs to mind was the time someone decided it was a good idea to tip the proceeds of their days crabbing into our urinal troughs. There must have been 50 or 60 of them. We saved as many as we could, but unfortunately a lot had died before we got there. Dealing with poo, be it dog or otherwise is also something that you also have to do regularly. Anyone want a job?

My pet hate is people that don't flush the toilet, this is something that possibly only happens in the men's toilet block though.

My pet hate is people that don't flush the toilet, this is something that possibly only happens in the men's toilet block though.
Ha ha - don't you believe it. That is a common misconception probably promoted by the fairer sex. :thefinger

Dog owner washing a dirty dog harness in the washing up sink.

I used to do camping at my caravan park, these are a few of the things that campers did that annoyed me most;

Vandalism - didn't happen often but when it did very annoying.

Theft - same as above.

Burning my grass - this was a big no no, keep your barbecue off the floor.

Mess in toilet block - this includes food in sinks, food on bin rather than in it, toothpaste on mirrors, human hair left in clumps all over the place, dog hair in showers, human poo in showers, sick on the floor and condoms in showers. There are probably more but I have blanked them from my memory.

Noise - why do some people have no respect for anybody. Once somebody was playing golf at 2am in camping field.

Litter - it is not okay to leave your rubbish in the hedge or on the field.

Alcohol - a few beers or a bottle of wine is fine but don't get so drunk that you assault your husband in front of your kids.

Kites - good fun but don't let them crash onto someone's car making a hole in the roof.

Last edited:
Dog owner washing a dirty dog harness in the washing up sink.

Never actually "use " the sink , but put our own plastic wash-up sink in it....
Never walk barefoot in public showers or grass ( actually never ever , not even at home)
Always clean toiletseat before sitting on it.
Run the tap a while before taking water.

...seems i'm pretty paranoid:Nailbiting
Do i need to quit camping now?

@bigmac77 , you are in first line to give intel...
Btw . Did you ever found a 3to2 pin 220v socket in the wash up area afther we left your place in june?
Seems she left it behind afther drying her hair...:headbang

I don't know what all the fuss is.

I solved the problem of the washing up area by using compostable, biodegradable disposable dishes and cutlery.

Now, instead of trying to wash them up and getting upset with what others leave behind I just leave my biodegradable and disposable stuff there in a sink knowing it will be gone in 70 days anyway :shocked

@bigmac77 , you are in first line to give intel...
Btw . Did you ever found a 3to2 pin 220v socket in the wash up area afther we left your place in june?
Seems she left it behind afther drying her hair...:headbang
Yes we have it, just pop round and you can have it back

Back