Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bad People at the Washing Up Area - What winds you up?

We are just settling down for the night and the caravan next door has just had about five cars arrive and they are all in their awning with what looks like the start of a party. Why would anyone think this is OK to do on a campsite?
Where was this? In the UK we tend to go to Camping Club sites as they have rules about this. In France I did challenge, in my pyjamas, a group of French lads . Not very successfully however and I ended up drinking their beer before going back to bed. This was in a two person tent and we were off the next day and they did settle down eventually.
But generally this is not acceptable late at night, even during the day it can be too much, my sympathy.

We are just settling down for the night and the caravan next door has just had about five cars arrive and they are all in their awning with what looks like the start of a party. Why would anyone think this is OK to do on a campsite?
This is the party season and a caravan is seen by many as their holiday home. Unless the campsite has rules restricting this sort of thing then it comes down to neighbours respecting each other just like at home. Some will some won't. However, I do think you have to be extra tolerant at this time of year.

We are currently at a campsite for four nights in the Lakes and every night the same person/couple empty their food into the sink whilst washing their plates and pans and leave a mound of pasta etc.. in the there for other people (normally me) to clean up. Why do some people ruin things for others! I am tempted to say smething to them but the mrs says we should bit our tongues.

What annoys you on a campsite? Anyone ever had an argument?
Campers who don’t speak up when others abuse shared facilities. This seems to be a particularly British thing. If never challenged this person will continue to disrespect others and just expect that someone else will clean up after them.

I can understand why people don’t want to speak out, especially when on holiday, but personally I’d spoil my own holiday if I didn’t.

Campers who don’t speak up when others abuse shared facilities. This seems to be a particularly British thing. If never challenged this person will continue to disrespect others and just expect that someone else will clean up after them.

I can understand why people don’t want to speak out, especially when on holiday, but personally I’d spoil my own holiday if I didn’t.
You’re right this is definitely a British thing. Many times over the years I have spoken out whenever I have seen something similar to this and strangely you never get any thanks for it. People look at you as if you are some sort of trouble maker. Some people are more confrontational than others. As they say, it takes all sorts.

Yes, we did today at a campsite in Cornwall, wardens were advised but they found it quite amusing

The correct course of action is to use the offenders frying pan to scoop it up & leave it in their van / tent ready for their return.

Back