Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Your best lockdown moment

GrannyJen

GrannyJen

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
No politics, any political slanted thread will be deleted on sight.

The best bit, the silliest bit, the mind exploding with idiocy bit, the bit that broke the stress and tension.

It's all been doom and gloom, now lets smile and be silly.

For me it was finishing my first jigsaw in around 68 years. The last time I did one apparently it was complex for a child of around 8, I quickly knocked it off, and forever was hailed as some form of child prodigy.Oh Sh!tl!! Every frigging birthday and Christmas I was bought Jigsaws, when all I ever wanted was dolls and chocolate :(

Being invited to take part in the umpteenth village roadside bloody verges clean-up and being able to decline gracefully this time on the grounds it didn't seem to me to be an essential activity. (Those Red Bull cans and condoms aren't hurting anyone anyway.)

No politics, any political slanted thread will be deleted on sight.

The best bit, the silliest bit, the mind exploding with idiocy bit, the bit that broke the stress and tension.

It's all been doom and gloom, now lets smile and be silly.

For me it was finishing my first jigsaw in around 68 years. The last time I did one apparently it was complex for a child of around 8, I quickly knocked it off, and forever was hailed as some form of child prodigy.Oh Sh!tl!! Every frigging birthday and Christmas I was bought Jigsaws, when all I ever wanted was dolls and chocolate :(
Best bits so far are the birth of Alfie our 3rd grandchild AND news that number 4 is due in August.

Last late spring, worried that the business I had built up over 40 years, would be decimated, I would lose a lot & two of my kids that work with me and now run the business would lose the shirts off their backs. All staff laid off maybe, Utter desolation.

We got a work around and while our competitors chucked in the towel and went home & provided a dire service, we persevered & understood that the clients paying us needed a service & provided that service. No GOV help at all in our sector, apart from being able to furlough staff.

Now as busy as ever & my sons earning. That’s the positive. Fingers crossed.

Being invited to take part in the umpteenth village roadside bloody verges clean-up and being able to decline gracefully this time on the grounds it didn't seem to me to be an essential activity. (Those Red Bull cans and condoms aren't hurting anyone anyway.)

one inside another?

What is it about red bull cans that arouse such basic animalistic behaviour!! (I hope they pulled the ring pull out of the tin first .....)

Last late spring, worried that the business I had built up over 40 years, would be decimated, I would lose a lot & two of my kids that work with me and now run the business would lose the shirts off their backs. All staff laid off maybe, Utter desolation.

We got a work around and while our competitors chucked in the towel and went home & provided a dire service, we persevered & understood that the clients paying us needed a service & provided that service. No GOV help at all in our sector, apart from being able to furlough staff.

Now as busy as ever & my sons earning. That’s the positive. Fingers crossed.
That’s great :) One of my sons business is in Digital and until the first lockdown almost all of his contracts were for large events for very well known clients including Facebook, Google, and Amazon. When the first lockdown hit in March every single project was cancelled! Worrying times.
He quickly reshaped the business and I’m pleased to say is now busier than ever :)

After the initial shock, and hospital visit, getting stuck in Finland turned out to be wonderful as I was pretty free to move around but just couldn’t leave. It felt like I had the whole country to myself as everywhere I went was eerily completely deserted, wild and beautiful.1E1CA416-6F74-485D-B843-159569E7771D.jpeg

Just that window appeared in between the two lockdowns and was able to do a quick run down to Portugal and back in the Cali. Just re-looking at the pics helps me stay sane. Was the best thing during this lockdown. (though, does that then qualify as during the lockdown as per the title?) ;)

Also as WF and GDD mentioned - I don't need barbers any more. Have mastered the fine art of cutting my own hair! Come to me all ye who need a hair cut and I shall give you a cut! :bananadance2

Can I also take the liberty and mention the worst ... that continues ... have put on 5 kgs ... despite all the extra time for exercise and all :Nailbiting ... now for the summer to burn all that off.

Getting the keys to a property a few days before first lockdown, and then selling it just at the end of 2nd lockdown!

After the initial shock, and hospital visit, getting stuck in Finland turned out to be wonderful as I was pretty free to move around but just couldn’t leave. It felt like I had the whole country to myself as everywhere I went was eerily completely deserted, wild and beautiful.View attachment 73402
I think that photo should be reposted in the 2022 calendar.

Downside - On the morning of the 23rd of March phoning JCT600 Sheffield to arrange pick up of my new T6.1 only to hear Boris announce lockdown 1 in the evening.

Upside - July 1st actually being able to go and pick up Florence "the van".

Humorous moment - Just after lockdown 1 on going to get my hair cut my hairdresser, who is my daughter in law, asking if I wouldn't mind if she took a photo of my hair before cutting it and then again after. I thought she was going to send the picture to the rest of the family so they could have a laugh at the before haircut picture and compare my hair length to photos of me as a teenager but no apparently they were having a competition of which hair cut created the greatest transformation and she thought I would be a certain winner.

Obviously the best moment was Granny Jen returning to the forum.

2nd best was the announcement about isolating on return to the uk in August, it meant the villa we were already staying in was suddenly available for another two weeks, I could work remotely, so despite it being an awful year generally we managed a month away.

Being told I can't enter Sainsbury's to go shopping with my wife. :D :bananadance2

Watched some great DVDs whilst waiting in the car. Today's feature was Zulu. The trouble was Mrs B returned just as the the third attack was about to commence.

" Zulus Sir, fousands of em".

Being told I can't enter Sainsbury's to go shopping with my wife. :D :bananadance2

Watched some great DVDs whilst waiting in the car. Today's feature was Zulu. The trouble was Mrs B returned just as the the third attack was about to commence. " Zulus Sir, fousands of em".
I've been doing the same whilst SWMBO is in Waitrose. It's amusing how many weird looks you get in a Waitrose car park when you are drinking coffee, making/eating a toastie and watching a film whilst in the van. Just love it........

Back