Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

your Cali on back of book cover?

David Eccles

David Eccles

VIP Member
I am looking for a nice pic of a Cali to use on back cover of my new edition of the Inside Story (a guide to VW camper interiors and conversions 1951 - 2012)
I already have a nice Olympian Blue on for front cover as well as a gorgeous vintage Westy ( :clap ) and the back cover will have 7 smaller pics covering all generations...
bus needs to be majority of frame (not a scenery shot)..no people...ideally sort of front and side angle...
I have a quite few here including VW press ones but thought someone on here may like to give it a go and immortalise their bus...

David,

What are your timescales?

I've been asked to photograph a classic bike which should be ready towards the end of March (although the owner hasn't said which year..). We're planning to do it in a studio that has a white infiniti background and is large enough for a Cali - which I would be taking with me anyway...

Californiaman said:
David,

I've been asked to photograph a classic bike which should be ready towards the end of March (although the owner hasn't said which year..). We're planning to do it in a studio that has a white infiniti background and is large enough for a Cali - which I would be taking with me anyway...

Timewise is by mid March but I don't really need a pro studio shot for this...(but what a facility to have! wow)...a bit of background scenery is better..blueish(ha ha) sky not too grey if poss and some greenery or a backdrop..basically prob bus filling 2/3 frame rather than whole frame...

6244735868_58e2254b14_o.jpg

5958223873_628f54029f_o.jpg

T5WOB said:
i cant get the pic on i have tried every thing doh :headwall

Martin, if you PM me the links to the photo's I will edit the post for you.

This is the first time we've taken our new California out, since purchase
as the weather has been diabolical here,
We've just taken her down to the coast at Dunwich Suffolk :barmy

I don't know if this is what you want in a photograph but it's our First attempt with our new Sony NEX-7 camera.

Volkswagen California 4 motion 180 (1).png

stephen said:
I don't know if this is what you want in a photograph but it's our First attempt with our new Sony NEX-7 camera.

Wow - fab photo!

(I love my NEX-7 too - stunning camera and so much lighter than a DSLR. I'd best take some more photos of Olive, our new Cali!)

Steve

***googles NEX 7***

Uh oh, something else I didn't realise I needed....!

coordinated said:
stephen said:

Wow - fab photo!

(I love my NEX-7 too - stunning camera and so much lighter than a DSLR. I'd best take some more photos of Olive, our new Cali!)

Steve

Yes I like the camera as well, it truly is an excellent camera, I ordered it in October last year, when I first ordered the California...
 And California arrived before the camera! :!:
They seemed so hard to get hold of, the end of last year, I suppose with the write-ups being so positive, it's inevitable that people seem to want them, out stripping Sony's ability to produce them quick enough? ;)

http://www.digital-photography-school.c ... x-7-review

David,

I am looking for a nice pic of a Cali to use on back cover of my new edition of the Inside Story (a guide to VW camper interiors and conversions 1951 - 2012)
I already have a nice Olympian Blue on for front cover as well as a gorgeous vintage Westy ( :clap ) and the back cover will have 7 smaller pics covering all generations...
bus needs to be majority of frame (not a scenery shot)..no people...ideally sort of front and side angle...
I have a quite few here including VW press ones but thought someone on here may like to give it a go and immortalise their bus...
The journey starts!

IMG_2456.jpg

IMG_2458.jpg

If this is a genuine Thread Resurrection, then it must win the prize, 10 yrs 11 months and 1 day.:cheers

Blimey thought I was caught in a time loop for a minute there! Been two revised editions since then!!!!

Back