Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Your first Album and do you still have it?

I was a huge YES fan @Magic Bus . Saw them live a couple of times in the early ‘70s, once at the old Wembley Stadium and once at the Stoke City FC ground. They performed Tales from Topographic Oceans at both those gigs but the Stoke concert was cut short due to rain. Had all their albums. Great memories. :)

I saw them in 1977, 2014, 2018 and 2022. I‘m glad I got to see the classic line up. I‘ve got most of their earlier stuff, though I’m not that keen on the Trevor Rabin era. I got back into them after seeing the Magnification album in HMV. They are my favourite band of all time.

Just never got that Yes/Rush thing? Every time Planet Rock plays a track I just have to hit mute.
Probs just me. Deep Purple we’re my go to. Ian Gillian’s vocals, up there with Dio.

Just never got that Yes/Rush thing? Every time Planet Rock plays a track I just have to hit mute.
Probs just me. Deep Purple we’re my go to. Ian Gillian’s vocals, up there with Dio.
I had a friend who had a similar aversion but to silver machine by Hawkwind. He'd have to mute or turn it off. Never did find out why. He was a big Rush fan!

I was 12 years old, and oddly I bought my first 7” that year too: Lynn Anderson’s (I never promised you a) Rose Garden!

1959BB17-8A70-4778-9392-0F4D3D38E484.jpeg

Can't remember which album but it was Elvis! And yes, still got all my vinyl albums.

I like both Metal and Prog, so was into Deep Purple, Sabbath, UFO, Led Zep, Scorpions, Def Leppard, Iron Maiden, Saxon and quite a few others.

I’m too old/forgetful to remember my first LP but I do remember getting two amazing compilation albums; Nice Enough to Eat and Happy to be Part of the Industry of Human Happiness. They introduced me into a new world of progressive music with some amazing tracks.

Mine was ‘Johnny Cash and his hot & blue guitar’. Purchased in 1961 and I still have it.
We went to see him in those early days in 1964 in a cinema in Walthamstow in London. Such was his fame then that it was half empty!

Have got all my LPs on CD now but the sound is not as good, not sure why.

Mine was ‘Johnny Cash and his hot & blue guitar’. Purchased in 1961 and I still have it.
We went to see him in those early days in 1964 in a cinema in Walthamstow in London. Such was his fame then that it was half empty!

Have got all my LPs on CD now but the sound is not as good, not sure why.
Great album, Johnny Cash provided the sound track to my childhood, my dad was a huge fan. Would have loved to have seen him live.

Great album, Johnny Cash provided the sound track to my childhood, my dad was a huge fan. Would have loved to have seen him live.
Yes, fantastic. We saw him later live when he was much better known. But we also went to Memphis to the Sun studios where he did the first recordings and across the river to Dyess Arkansas & visited the house he was brought up in. A shack really. We also went to Maces Springs to visit the Carter Family although he had died a few weeks earlier. Great people and an amazing experience. Wish we could go back

Some great albums listed here but mine is Jethro Tull’s Benefit. Still got it and never tire of it.
1667684356382.jpeg

1667695062585.jpeg
1966? And various 45’s ex duke box with the centre’s out from a market stall . Still got them but the turn table needs a new drive belt.

1667694953915.jpeg

The mention of Ten Years After by @EddieEagle and Jethro Tull by @AliMcCali bring back student memories from 1968 in Edinburgh when I saw both bands on the same billing along with Family, who had replaced Traffic as Stevie Winwood had apparently taken ill. Fantastic, plus the whole concert was introduced by John Peel. Quite a privilege to have lived through that era! The Who and Rory Gallagher headlined art college dances and Pink Floyd played at a night club around the corner.

Seen Pink Floyd and subsequently Roger Waters many times - always spectacular gigs.
Mind you with the combination of ticket prices and him shoving his politics down the audiences throats I won’t be going to Roger’s Farewell Tour.

Not albums, but I had a large collection of Blue Beat / Ska singles in the very early 70’s. Many were white label imports. Wish i’d kept them now - sold the lot for £8 !! Mind you that was a week’s wages at the time :)

Still have it... still love it... still play it regularly... still comply with the all important instructions on the rear of the sleeve x

20221108_103712.jpg

Still have it... still love it... still play it regularly... still comply with the all important instructions on the rear of the sleeve x

View attachment 101598
What I do have somewhere is a bootleg album (on CD) of Bowie at Friars Club Aylesbury where he first performed Ziggy Stardust.
There’s a statue of Bowie in Aylesbury.

F17EA044-EF38-4FD7-B52D-1226849494B5.jpeg

42977B53-403F-41CE-A513-C7345AF6B172.jpeg

Last edited:
Back