Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

10v in full sun

BenPcaliman

BenPcaliman

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Was working fine and has seems to have been working ok all August but now only showing 10v off the panel. Have checked connections.

Help?

Screenshot_20190826_120443_com.victronenergy.victronconnect.jpg

I assume it is hot where you are ?
Heat & lack of cooling cause panels to loose efficiency.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I assume it is hot where you are ?
Heat & lack of cooling cause panels to loose efficiency.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Ok thought this migh be the case but its the coolest its been on holiday. Has been much hotter with no problems

Ok thought this migh be the case but its the coolest its been on holiday. Has been much hotter with no problems
How long have you had the system and when last did you properly clean the panel?
I had washed my panel when I washed the car, but didn't polish or dry it as I did the rest of the vehicle and used a wax based car shampoo. When I lost some power I examined it closely and realised it was covered with a yellow tinted build up of traffic film/wax. I gently cleaned it with a mild abrasive that lifted the film, no longer yellow, and polished with a clear polish. Now back to full output 20V or so in full sun.

One of my panels produces ~20 volts, the other ~10 volts. I’m assuming the 10 volt one has failed and needs replacing or repair.

How long have you had the system and when last did you properly clean the panel?
I had washed my panel when I washed the car, but didn't polish or dry it as I did the rest of the vehicle and used a wax based car shampoo. When I lost some power I examined it closely and realised it was covered with a yellow tinted build up of traffic film/wax. I gently cleaned it with a mild abrasive that lifted the film, no longer yellow, and polished with a clear polish. Now back to full output 20V or so in full sun.
Cheers WelshGas will try that but do clean it regular plus it was working this morning.

10v or there abouts suggests an internal (panel) connection failure or a diode failure in the black box. The panels are generally about 20v open circuit. 10v is half a panel.

Even a dirty panel will still show voltage well over 16v in the day time.