Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

12 v output socket

N

nottsknight

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
I have a 12v tv which I want to plug into the circular 12v supply socket to the right of the sink and run off the leisure battery. I'm not sure what connector that I need / ask for - can anybody help and also where I can get such a cable with the connectors?

When we are hooked up, there is not a problem - I simply plug into the 3 pin 240v supply and use a transformer to 12v.
Many thanks.

What make of TV do you have? Mine came with two power cables, one for 12v and one to convert down from 240v. I found a 12v spare on ebay without much problem.

I'm using a Samsung Syncmaster 151MP with a tv modulator - basically an old computer screen with a tv adaptor. The Cali socket next to the sink looks like a cigarette lighter socket , but with a smaller diameter so not sure what to look for on ebay.

Pioneer AVIC F77 instead.
I'm using a Samsung Syncmaster 151MP with a tv modulator - basically an old computer screen with a tv adaptor. The Cali socket next to the sink looks like a cigarette lighter socket , but with a smaller diameter so not sure what to look for on ebay.
That socket doesn't work unless you are on hookup.

The 12v socket on the edge of the sink is connected to the leisure batteries, always live and is a Hella socket...

Available Maplins, Halfords and eBay.

Rgds
Mark

The 12v socket on the edge of the sink is connected to the leisure batteries, always live and is a Hella socket...

Available Maplins, Halfords and eBay.

Rgds
Mark

On LHD it is just a normal sigaret lighter plug like the one in the dash....

Thanks - I see - yes the socket is a Hella - I just need a Hella male plug as you describe with a short lead to a 5.5mm male connector to the TV. I'll post when working !!

Ok , tough it was a UK spec....

Thanks for your help - Hella working well !!

I used to use this socket for my avtex tv via a hella adapter but it kept blowing the fuse in my tv's 12v power plug so don't use it any more

Sent from my Galaxy S6

"I used to use this socket for my avtex tv via a hella adapter but it kept blowing the fuse in my tv's 12v power plug so don't use it any more"

Mines doing the exactly the same now, plug something into the hella adaptor and 'bang' :Nailbiting blows the phone Chargers up, I've gone through three in the past few days trying to sus out what's happening, and I've even bought a new hella adaptor thinking the one I had was somehow faulty. It reads 12.8v but its as if there is more power or a power surge shortly after anything is connected. Was going to start a post on this but suppose posting on this thread I might get some insight to what's going on. Especially it now looks like I'm not the only one.

I thought I'd been clever and swapped out the fuse in the TV power adapter for a slightly larger one, but then it blew the fuse in the cali so can't use it at all now!
I think I narrowed down its location to under the passenger seat but I'll be buggered if I can see how to get to it. I use the inverter socket now instead

Sent from my Galaxy S6

The front passenger seat is really easy to lift out, two standard socket headed bolts in the front and two hex bolts in the back. Lift the seat away and there's plenty of room to rummage about.
Still its strange why this should be happening though, and there is no point in asking any of the VW dealers,
i'll have to do some investigation work on this, it seems it only happens with the hella adaptor which i can't understand.
I have a light with a powerlet adaptor fitted and it worked fine last time i used it, maybe the answer is to buy a powerlet to cigarette adaptor and see if this makes a difference. Assuming the extra cost in the powerlet I would like to think its made of better stuff than a generic hella adaptor from ebay.
I have no inverter socket so getting this to work again properly is useful.

To change the fuse you just need to rotate the passenger seat to face the back and slide it all the way back. Then you can see all the fuses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk