Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2014 California's

Re: March '12' California's

calikev
Yes I told him all about our club, and he was very interested in it, I also said that Californian owners are a small group, and a Bad dealer quickly gets a negative reputation. that's before I noticed the steering wheel,
But I feel one cannot condemn this dealer ( Robinsons of Norwich) because of one relatively small error, I feel sorry for the acquisitions staff member, she is reprimanded over this matter, and they have taken it very seriously, but let's face it, it's not the end of the world, and every other aspect of this Volkswagen dealer has been exemplary.

Stephen Howard;The sales executive, said he will take a look on the 'VW California club' site, as I've told him all about it, and he seems very interested, you never know he may even join? and give us discounts on parts if he has a word with his boss maybe? with any luck, anyway you never know :D

Another view, at the dealers.jpg

Great looking Van Stephen, is that a grey awning?

If you find a fix for the table, shout. Mine drove me mad! Currently have a blob of blu tak on the "stopper" and will stick on some felt pads from Homebase (I bought some) ASAP!

Looks great - what wheels has it got?

"Neva" 7Jx 17 wheels with German Dunlop 235x55x17 tyres. As far as I'm aware; 'standard fitment' to all recent models, including 4 motion.
I'll let you know if the neoprene foam has any impact in stopping the rattle, next week, we've got loads of it at work, I have noticed that the table is slightly different to the model we saw in the showroom 3 months previous, and also a few other modifications like the front 'night blind' uses the sun blinds as a fixing point and also come in a black bag ,etc.
And I think a few other things if anybody's interested, I see tomorrow when I can actually see what we're looking at.(pitch black out there at the moment)
By the way the awning is the silver version, I just thought in the sun in hot weather, it may reflect the heat more efficiently, in not baking it rolled up contents too much, but perhaps I'm worrying about nothing? perhaps if I could have ordered a natural grey version then I would have gone most likely for that, but looks wise I don't think there's much to choose unless one has a silver version which I feel the silver awning would most likely be the best option in my opinion.

stephen said:
"Neva" 7Jx 17 wheels with German Dunlop 235x55x17 tyres. As far as I'm aware; 'standard fitment' to all recent models, including 4 motion.
I'll let you know if the neoprene foam has any impact in stopping the rattle, next week, we've got loads of it at work, I have noticed that the table is slightly different to the model we saw in the showroom 3 months previous, and also a few other modifications like the front 'night blind' uses the sun blinds as a fixing point and also come in a black bag ,etc.
And I think a few other things if anybody's interested, I see tomorrow when I can actually see what we're looking at.(pitch black out there at the moment)

We have the Thunder (!) 17s which were standard fit to all 180 Calis (regardless of 4Motion or not) when ours was registered - they must have changed them! Same tyres by the sound of it. I'll shout if the felt pads work!

We went for a new option on wheels "Cascavel " 17" alloys. Not seen any in the flesh yet. Pick up the van on Monday so will post some photos. Jules

Picked up our new Cali yesterday from Guy at VW Van Centre in Preston (top guy - excellent service). Really enjoyed the 250 mile journey home. We dearly loved our old 174 Tiptronic but, wow, what a difference with the 180 dsg. The old van was quick but a bit agricultural the new one drives like an executive car...it's so quiet. I'd got used to having the radio on full volume (almost!). We were quite surprised how many small changes there have been with the facelift model.

Jules

Jules said:
Picked up our new Cali yesterday from Guy at VW Van Centre in Preston (top guy - excellent service). Really enjoyed the 250 mile journey home. We dearly loved our old 174 Tiptronic but, wow, what a difference with the 180 dsg. The old van was quick but a bit agricultural the new one drives like an executive car...it's so quiet. I'd got used to having the radio on full volume (almost!). We were quite surprised how many small changes there have been with the facelift model.

Jules

Did you deal with Guy? That's who we bought ours from! The 350 mile drive home confirmed your thoughts to me too! :mrgreen:

And we thought we had a long trip...... Have been dealing with Guy for the last six months or so by phone and e-mail only met him yesterday when we picked up the van. Didn't realise how difficult/expensive Preston was to get to. Ended up hiring a car one way plus a night in the Premier Inn down the road. Worked well though and as Guy offered us the best deal it was well worth it. Can't recommend him highly enough. Just are really honest, genuine guy.

I might have just purchased another. That'll be five we are running this year!

Jules said:
And we thought we had a long trip...... Have been dealing with Guy for the last six months or so by phone and e-mail only met him yesterday when we picked up the van. Didn't realise how difficult/expensive Preston was to get to. Ended up hiring a car one way plus a night in the Premier Inn down the road. Worked well though and as Guy offered us the best deal it was well worth it. Can't recommend him highly enough. Just are really honest, genuine guy.

I flew to Manchester and got picked up from the airport (about half an hour to Preston) by the owners son - nice chap as is Guy.

BMVS-Camper-Hire said:
I might have just purchased another. That'll be five we are running this year!

The order has gone in. Luckily for us Hugh at SMG had a black 180 DSG with its of toys including the fifth seat in build. It should be the fleet before the end of May. :D

CALIFORNIA1.jpg

Look whats just turned up at the dealers, HAZ, our new 180DSG with the following spec;

Awning
privacy glass
MFSW
Bluetooth
Charcoal cannister
Foldable trunk cover - whatever that is??
Additional seat
ssafe
mudflaps
parking sensors
cruise
climatronic

It is having the number plate HH11 HAZ named after my eldest son! He is very excited at having his own California, at the age of 10...... :D

BMVS-Camper-Hire said:
Hello all

Who's waiting patiently for a new California in March?

We have 3 coming, which will , make our fleet a total of four California's. We have already sold our 11 plate 180 DSG in grey, and still have our 11 plate manual black 180 for sale. We still have our 140 California which was new in July, and we will run this till the end of this season.

Our new Campervans are as follows;

Silver 180 DSG, Privacy, cruise, MFSW, Climatic, safe, PDC, awning and 5th seat.

Candy white 180 DSG, Privacy, cruise, awning, PDC and 5th seat.

Black 180 manual, Privacy, cruise, awning, PDC and 5th seat.

We only run our California's for 12 months, so keep your eyes on our website for when they come up for sale.

What have you got coming and what's the specification?

Hi Olli,

as we've just booked a week with you in May for a DSG 180, any chance we could bag the silver one above!!!!

Its just the spec we would be looking to order ourselves - obviously after having tried out one of yours!

Hi Brian

We cant guarantee what vehicle we put you in, as we have to slot bookings around each other, I have made a note on your file and see what I can do. :thumb

OL11 SAR has just landed with me, spec is Candy white 180 DSG, Privacy, cruise, awning, PDC and 5th seat. - This is one of the vehicles going to Goodwood on sunday :D

d22bab5c.jpg

be3f17ef.jpg

c75bf630.jpg

Another one coming today..........pictures to follow!

I see what you've done with the reg no. ;) :mrgreen:

KernowLad said:

Haha, can you guess my wifes name????

The one we have coming today is AN12ELA, my daughter is Aniela! All our vans are named after mine and business partners families :D

BMVS-Camper-Hire said:
KernowLad said:

Haha, can you guess my wifes name????

The one we have coming today is AN12ELA, my daughter is Aniela! All our vans are named after mine and business partners families :D

Ahh, how sweet :mrgreen: :thumb

BMVS-Camper-Hire said:
Look what I've just purchased; a VW Caravelle Edition 25. I've gone for candy white DSG. They are only making 225of them.

Looks a smart motor with interesting spec. I guess this is for your rental fleet ?

This is correct. We are fairly faithful to VW in our rental fleet, we operate the following VW's;

Caddy
Transporter SWB and LWB
Transporter Kombi
Crafter MWB, LWB and Luton
VW Shuttle LWB
VW Caravelle
VW Golf

Our whole fleet has air conditioning

All supplied, bar the golf, by our friends at SMG - thank you Hugh

Look what turned up yesterday, say hello to Haz, our fifth California, she is a fully loaded 180 manual;

a5af175b.jpg

And went straight out on rent today :D

Back