Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2014 California's

Re: March '12' California's

Any photos of your whole fleet Oli? Must be an awesome sight! New one looks very tasty!

They're all out on hire, and I think the next time they re all back is September! But I need to get some promo shots for the website.

On a separate note my Edition 25 Caravelle turned up today and I'm very impressed with it, it's a real head turner. And on the subject of Editions, I purchased my wife an Edition 35 GTI DSG last week :D

Just saw one of your vans in Porthtowan - a white one!

Assume that crease was already there on the driver's door?

Only joking! Looked very tidy although, ahem, the parking was a little suspect... ;)

The Ed35 looks great- uses the "proper" engine from the mk5 GTi too (the newer one is a bit dull)! I'd have a manual though ;)

KernowLad said:
Just saw one of your vans in Porthtowan - a white one!

Assume that crease was already there on the driver's door?

Only joking! Looked very tidy although, ahem, the parking was a little suspect... ;)

The Ed35 looks great- uses the "proper" engine from the mk5 GTi too (the newer one is a bit dull)! I'd have a manual though ;)

That will be OL11SAR, one of my friends had it on hire. Nice to be spotted though - that's my one :D

The ED35 is great, we,ve had about 5 or 6 mk5/6 golfs now, including two ED30's , so I know the potential these engine reach just with a remap :evil:

That's the one! Looked very clean too.

I was in the BM so couldn't wave :lol:

A Golf Gti Ed30 or 35 is the only FWD car I'd consider now. They even manage to make a four pot engine sound pretty decent. We had a load of Golfs, the final one a mk4 R32 - loved then all.

I remember you saying previously you'd had a mkiv, I'd had both a mkiv and mkv, great sound and traction, just never seemed fast.

The engine in the ED35 sounds wonderful on full chat, no need for Milltek. The Edition models are just so rounded, they do everything so well :D

Stu said:
BMVS-Camper-Hire said:
And went straight out on rent today :D

To a very, very lucky customer!!

HAZ is already on 800 miles and out to its second customer :thumb Life is busy at Bognor Motors :D

BMVS-Camper-Hire said:
OL11 SAR has just landed with me, spec is Candy white 180 DSG, Privacy, cruise, awning, PDC and 5th seat. - This is one of the vehicles going to Goodwood on sunday :D

d22bab5c.jpg

be3f17ef.jpg

c75bf630.jpg

What are these alloys - they look really good.

Candy White - in my eyes - always looks so smart on the lines of the T5.

James

James - Thunder 17" alloys (we have them too). Standard on 180PS Calis. Think they may have changed now.

REALLY easy to keep clean :D

KernowLad said:
James - Thunder 17" alloys (we have them too). Standard on 180PS Calis. Think they may have changed now.

REALLY easy to keep clean :D

Not changed that I know off. All of my 2013180ps campers have been ordered with these as standard

Thank you - umming and ahhing about changing the wheels - can't really justify it but those would look good - I thought they might be Thunder Alloys.

i know the wheels on the Bluemotion are part of the BMT package - but... Would it make any difference if they were changed lol

Lovely looking vans - the T5 can look so smart.

James

March '12' California's

Remember I have my ' thunders ' for sale.......

See the for sale items....

BerndRos said:

I know I know lol - my extra budget after the van was bought has probably been swallowed up by the addition of Xenons and Fogs (they are been fitted next week)

I also went through a phrase of wanting black alloys, which I thought against a yellow van would look very smart.

Let me think about it.

James

Custard said:
BerndRos said:

I know I know lol - my extra budget after the van was bought has probably been swallowed up by the addition of Xenons and Fogs (they are been fitted next week)

I also went through a phrase of wanting black alloys, which I thought against a yellow van would look very smart.

Let me think about it.

James

Black Thunders would look veeeery nice on your van... ;)

They are a bit of a pain financially though - don't add any value and new tyres cost a fortune. Considered new wheels on the BM several times but can't really justify ÂŁ2k on them!

KernowLad said:
Custard said:
BerndRos said:

Let me think about it.

James

Black Thunders would look veeeery nice on your van... ;)

They are a bit of a pain financially though - don't add any value and new tyres cost a fortune. Considered new wheels on the BM several times but can't really justify ÂŁ2k on them!

Exactly - it's that cost - I've just forked out for Xenons and Fogs and that can almost be justified. Taking off new alloys and tyres just to replace them with wheels that 'look nice', just seems impossible to justify.

I thought that a Yellow Beach with Black Alloys would look cool. I wouldn't go this far but a black roof, black lower decal on the body and black foglight surrounds would look cool - something like the Edition 25 but in Yellow.

If I stop being over excited about it all and think about it - I've got a new van with perfectly good tyres and alloys, why change it?

By the way - I had no idea Thunders were available in black...

James

They aren't. But a high quality wheel repairer would soon be able to sort that out... :D

September '62 California's

Well, as there is now a new plate out, I thought I would bring this thread up to date.

Who's got or getting a '62 plate? Share your details here;

Re: September '62 California's

No but they make our 9 month old Cali suddenly seem old - TWO registrations ago - ARRGGHH!!

A personal plate will sort that :thumb

BMVS-Camper-Hire said:
A personal plate will sort that :thumb

I wonder if I can find:

KN08 HED? :lol:

How about -

MY61 BMW??

or

MY61 DSG??