Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2015 Cali SE 140 servicing

G

Geezso

Vehicle
N/A
Hi there

Can anyone confirm the service schedules for a 2015 SE 140 please.
I have the book and am unsure where to find the vehicle info label to confirm intervals.

Thanks, if its 2 years/ 20000 miles that's ok for me. Being a car nut I wasn't sure as once serviced a car 4 times in 10 months but will follow the schedule until the warranty expires.

Just bring it to a official VW dealer for the first service and ask him the interval in comparation with your done distance/time , they will work it out.

First service is when the van is 24 months old or reached the specified mileage right?

First service is when the van is 24 months old or reached the specified mileage right?

In the UK i think so , in Belgium afther a six months and free of charge , but actually it is just a check-up.
Changed my first oil at 12 months.
I tend to bring it at the VW dealer each year....

The information is on the Multi Function Display. Will give you time/distance to next Service dependant on the degree of engine oil contamination.

The information is on the Multi Function Display. Will give you time/distance to next Service dependant on the degree of engine oil contamination.
I will have a look and see if I can find them. Only seen fuel consumption info so far

There is a lot more info to be found.

In the UK i think so , in Belgium afther a six months and free of charge , but actually it is just a check-up.
Changed my first oil at 12 months.
I tend to bring it at the VW dealer each year....
I do likewise, have the oil changed annually. My average mileage is 10 - 12 thousand.

What oil is used with the 2 year servicing for top ups

Handbook?
Too wet to go outside to get mine at the moment, also I'm watching StarTrek.
But all the details are there. You can get it on-line. There is only one oil to use no matter what the service interval is. I get mine serviced annually no matter what the mileage, or what the computer says, but that's just me.:thumb

I'm not at home so unable to look, there was conflicting info but guess I will wait till I can see it.

Think it is best to top up with the same type witch is used at the previous change...
Check your bill for details or call the one who did the last service

Its less than a year old so only had a pdi unfortunately

Servicing. The previous owner of my cali was as he thought meticulous with servicing his vehicle at main dealer. Closer inspection reveals box marked oil change ticked no, box marked long life oil used ticked yes.
Conclusion didn't need changing due to type off oil used. The print out sheet shows a charge for oil, filter, sump plug, cleaner, labour ect. The mechanic clearly knows what he did and did not change but the service desk assumed and charged for something he didn't do. This happened 3 times over the life of the cali. As I didn't pay for these services but bought the vehicle in good faith by the print outs what action do you think I could pursue. Moral check the book against the print out that they tally.
Chipper.

If the Oil had needed to be changed then the Owner would have had an intrusive Alarm and Text appearing on the MFD everytime he started the vehicle, even IF the service interval was reset as the OIL Contamination is checked by a sensor and that would have triggered the alarm.
What milage had the vehicle done?
If less than 20,000 then may not have needed Oil Changed.
The previous Owner could make a charge of Fraud - being charged for Oil that was not changed, but difficult to prove if it was/was not carried out.

Thanks for response WG. First service 14260 neither oil service box ticked but charged. 25586 the No box ticked but charged. 37347 yes box ticked and charged, 45959 the No box ticked but charged, 57215 the No box ticked but charged. The mileage between is just about within the long life parameters.
Might just have a word and see what happens. Just wanted to warn others to check on pickup. Could be a genuine error but doesn't look good when selling.
Chipper

Thanks for response WG. First service 14260 neither oil service box ticked but charged. 25586 the No box ticked but charged. 37347 yes box ticked and charged, 45959 the No box ticked but charged, 57215 the No box ticked but charged. The mileage between is just about within the long life parameters.
Might just have a word and see what happens. Just wanted to warn others to check on pickup. Could be a genuine error but doesn't look good when selling.
Chipper
Agree, but if as you said previous owner was meticulous about servicing then it would appear this was a clerical era as I doubt he would have failed to notice the alarm going off.
I think you will find that the service was done as invoiced and the tick box by the apprentice .