Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

3 way coolbox query / Hard wiring fridge to leisure battery

I know you have fuse just south of your hookup point but you might try replace the 100A fuse with something that would protect your 4mm wire. Somewhere around 30A would probably work. Not likely to cost more than 3 quid or so.

In answer to your question Yes. The -tve lead should be moved to a Chassis ground/earth point.
On the T6.1 each battery has an individual battery monitor module. Wired, as you have, you have bypassed the battery monitor module so the Control Panel has no idea of the power consumption by the fridge.
OK thanks for the clarification. I will look into changing that. Is it a big problem to run my fridge as it is currently setup? Is the only problem the fact that the display does not show the amp draw when the fridge is running? Presumably the car just looks at batter voltage to determine how charged it is rather than monitoring the in and the out and calculating from there?

I know you have fuse just south of your hookup point but you might try replace the 100A fuse with something that would protect your 4mm wire. Somewhere around 30A would probably work. Not likely to cost more than 3 quid or so.
Thanks for the tip. What is this type of fuse called?

OK thanks for the clarification. I will look into changing that. Is it a big problem to run my fridge as it is currently setup? Is the only problem the fact that the display does not show the amp draw when the fridge is running? Presumably the car just looks at batter voltage to determine how charged it is rather than monitoring the in and the out and calculating from there?
It can cause the Control Panel software to have a nervous breakdown.

It can cause the Control Panel software to have a nervous breakdown.
and no one wants that do they? I will change the earth. Should I unplug the sensor to try and reset it as described in other threads? After a weekend of fridge use, I do not have any errors so perhaps it is ok.

@yossarian thanks for the link to the fuse.

Back