3 Year / 60,000 mile Service

WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Well today was the day. 1st MOT, Service basically an oil change but also the Service Campaign replacement of a belt tensioner, Brake/Clutch hydraulic fluid change, General end of Warranty Check and a Spare rear number plate. £264 inc VAT.
Also confirmed that brake pads were just under 50% worn after 60,000 miles.

Everything was A OK and the vehicle was returned hoovered inside but not pressure washed as requested.:thumb

Also they checked the roof panel above the windscreen. No evidence of anything in the way of Galvanic Corrosion or anything else. Which is as it should be as it is 2015 MY which is when they changed the Alloy mix.
They also removed the edge seal from the Elevating Roof. Once again no signs of any Galvanic Corrosion and no marks of any sort on the paint covered by the seal. In fact it wasn’t even dirty just a line of dirt at the edge of the seal which just wiped away. Very happy. Will not check again until 6 years almost up.:)

Unfortunately on the way home through some road works picked up a windscreen stone chip about 3mm across. Auto glass booked for Wednesday. :headbang

Last edited:
Well today was the day. 1st MOT, Service basically an oil change but also the Service Campaign replacement of a belt tensioner, Brake/Clutch hydraulic fluid change, General end of Warranty Check and a Spare rear number plate. £264 inc VAT.

Everything was A OK and the vehicle was returned hoovered inside but not pressure washed as requested.:thumb

Also they checked the roof panel above the windscreen. No evidence of anything in the way of Galvanic Corrosion or anything else. Which is as it should be as it is 2015 MY which is when they changed the Alloy mix.
They also removed the edge seal from the Elevating Roof. Once again no signs of any Galvanic Corrosion and no marks of any sort on the paint covered by the seal. In fact it wasn’t even dirty just a line of dirt at the edge of the seal which just wiped away. Very happy. Will not check again until 6 years almost up.:)

Unfortunately on the way home through some road works picked up a windscreen stone chip about 3mm across. Auto glass booked for Wednesday. :headbang

All in all a good day then, bad luck with the stone chip.

It’s almost as if someone decided that your having much too good a day and puts the dampeners on it. Soon be fixed though.

Mike

All in all a good day then, bad luck with the stone chip.

It’s almost as if someone decided that your having much too good a day and puts the dampeners on it. Soon be fixed though.

Mike
Too True. I’m surprised it hasn’t happened before with the mileage I’ve done. Have got 2 or 3 nicks that I was aware of but sorted those with the RainX kit from Halfords, but they were less than 1mm in size.

Did some Christmas shopping so SWMBO sorted.

Too True. I’m surprised it hasn’t happened before with the mileage I’ve done. Have got 2 or 3 nicks that I was aware of but sorted those with the RainX kit from Halfords, but they were less than 1mm in size.

Did some Christmas shopping so SWMBO sorted.

Nice one! Got mine to do yet

Mike

Belt and tensioner? Cam belt? Seems cheap if so?

Not a cambelt change just a tensioner under a recall as far as I'm aware.

Cambelt and water pump next year.
This was a Service Campaign, not a Recall, to change a Tensioner, I think on the Auxiliary Belt.

Roger that. I need to start paying attention more. My sis just bought a 5 Cali with this sort of mileage :shocked

Correct, it is the auxiliarly belt for the steering pump and alternator.

You must be happy with this? I decided to adopt your approach when I bought my van and not remove the seal until the 3 years are up - but I will be expecting paint bubbles (or at least until I read this). It seems a bit of a lottery with some folks with almost new T6s getting corrosion and yours OK. I know that you look after your van but is there anything you think you've done thats kept corrosion at bay - or do you think it's just luck?
Your comment about next checking at 6 years - is this because of the letter VW produced about guaranteeing T5 roofs for 6 years? Has anyone found out if this will be honoured with the T6?

I don't know if the 6 yrs applies to the T6.
I don't do anything special. Just use it. Never garage it and wouldn't unless it was a heated and ventilated garage. Better outside and just waxed x 2 yearly.

Hi
Just FYI I have just had a windscreen replacement by Autoglass also for a small chip. The fitter did an excellent job so hopefully you should have no problem.
Good luck

Hi
Just FYI I have just had a windscreen replacement by Autoglass also for a small chip. The fitter did an excellent job so hopefully you should have no problem.
Good luck
Thanks. All sorted and can't even see where it was. Ace job.
The Technician also said the RainX kit for those very small chips that they wouldn't repair is very good. No good for the larger ones though.

Back