Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

3 years have sped past with no regrets

inthemidnighthour

inthemidnighthour

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
It took us nearly a year of debate and research (thanks to this site) ,and hiring one for a week before we finally took the plunge and bought our Cali in March 2012.
Having sold our family car this was to be our family mode of transport.The Cali has surpassed all our expectations and more, averaging approx 40 nights away each year and covering 18000 miles in total.
Lisa uses it for everything , to work,shopping, visiting, used just like any other car.It has spoilt her being our first auto vehicle.All our main holidays have been in the Cali ,each year having a 2 week break into Europe.The first year to Holland Denmark and Sweden ,the following year Germany and Belgium and then last year following the west coast of France into Spain. In between we try and get away as much as we can in this country.

There has been a few niggles but nothing too major , but cant believe where the 3 years have gone.

First Mot looming on Friday and we are certainly looking to the future and looking forward to hopefully the next generation Cali.

We would both like to thank the team who run this site as it has proved invaluable and always answers any questions posed.

kind regards

Dave and Lisa

Fabulous post! It's great to hear how much you have enjoyed, and continue to enjoy, Cali ownership - especially as she is your only vehicle too. My own Ariadne is also my all-purpose, go-anywhere vehicle (including work, more's the pity!), and I hope I, too, will still be grinning on every trip in three years time too :D

Thanks Dave & lisa
Its about time we had a get together in the east there are loads of Cali's in Suffolk & Norfolk let's find a campsite and go for it
Who's up for it?

Seconded! Our three years was up at start of Jan and like you no regrets, apart from being disappointed by VW taking so long to deal with the dreaded roof corrosion saga...
And looking round the NEC today nothing compares to the Cali :happy

We will had our van for a year on 7 March, we absolutely love it, 13,000 miles so far, had 63 overnights I would estimate 90% of these wild, all on top bed apart from 1 due to gale force winds at Ben Lawers car park.

So difficult to choose a favourite location so I won't.

Have learned so much since we got it, the forum has provided a fantastic wealth of knowledge. Currently enjoying our first year of winter camping / skiing with the van. Adventures so far limited to our lovely Scotland but Europe beckons this year, Alps, Corsica and Italy is thclear[1].pnge plan.

clear[1].png

Hi Dave and Lisa, hasn't the time flown? We've loved every minute ! I've just taken Olive in to SMG for her first MOT , they've got loads of shiny new Calis waiting for adventures.

I do like happy, positive threads!!

I think that my love affair with Albert is well documented so always brilliant to hear of others.

I feel a "mills and boon" moment coming on .....

Olive and Ariadne were sat together in the car park, overlooking the ancient ruins of camelot...."

"Sighhhhhhh" said Ariadne, through her beautifully louvred ventilation grills.... "such tales of passion, romance and Derring do.... where is our knight in shining armour ....."

The words were no longer out of her radiator intakes when..."

COUGH!! SPLUTTER!! ....... In less than shiny and slightly travel-stained Olympian blue armour arrived a rather battered knight ...

"Oh look!!" said Olive, It's Sir Albert"!!!....

Thanks Dave & lisa
Its about time we had a get together in the east there are loads of Cali's in Suffolk & Norfolk let's find a campsite and go for it
Who's up for it?

Definitely up for a meetup camp Kev!

It depends what we want, and the time of year, numbers etc, I suggest we start another thread for this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok James I was thinking spring maybe a weekend in april

Back