Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

4 year service plan..or is it misleading & only 2?

O

OxonCalifornia

VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Hi, I just wonder if someone can explain the service plan that was ' free' with my new cali handed over Nov 22.?

My service indicator for the van on 'we connect' suggests it has an oil change after 1 year and oil / inspection after 2 years which uses up both free services of the advertised 4 year plan after 2 years, this paying for year 3 & 4.

I query this as I also have a 2020 Landover discovery sport from new with official service plan just every 2 years if no more than driving 10000 / year ..its now 3 years old but only ever had one service & oil change, the next one due in 2024. Also I have a new mini that only runs to 2 year service intervals with mileage under 20K over that period

Why isn't the Cali the same or can I ask the the dealer to alter the computer so that I have services every 2 years ?

The use on both vehicles is around the same as I am only covering around 5000 a year on both the Cali & Landrover.

I just fine the marketing a little misleading as you think you are covered for 4 years with the plan, not 2.

I hope someone can shed some light on this conundrum.

I have bought the All-In package. Provides for 1 major service and 1 minor service. These are recommended at 18 months max interval. So depending on how you look at it. use one service now and do 2nd in 18 months (package used up), but wait for another 18 months for next (new) service. So elapsed duration is 3 years. But some owners prefer to have services every year, so in this case the package will last for only 2 years.

I have bought the All-In package. Provides for 1 major service and 1 minor service. These are recommended at 18 months max interval. So depending on how you look at it. use one service now and do 2nd in 18 months (package used up), but wait for another 18 months for next (new) service. So elapsed duration is 3 years. But some owners prefer to have services every year, so in this case the package will last for only 2 years.
Thanks Alan, so is it accepted that although my oil service only will be indicated on the dash and recommended I have 6 months grace before having to take it up, to keep in warranty?

Thanks Alan, so is it accepted that although my oil service only will be indicated on the dash and recommended I have 6 months grace before having to take it up, to keep in warranty?
In the perfect world, on Long Life Service, the oil change would be at 2 years or 20,000 miles BUT there is also an Oil Quality sensor that can reduce that milage significantly depending on the type of driving undertaken. Short duration trips can reduce the milage significantly.

In the perfect world, on Long Life Service, the oil change would be at 2 years or 20,000 miles BUT there is also an Oil Quality sensor that can reduce that milage significantly depending on the type of driving undertaken. Short duration trips can reduce the milage significantly.
Thanks be interested to know whether my landrover has such a sensor? I doubt it?
Is there an option I can take my cali back to dealer and they alter the longevity of the service intervals eg time only or is it fixed how it is??

Thanks be interested to know whether my landrover has such a sensor? I doubt it?
Is there an option I can take my cali back to dealer and they alter the longevity of the service intervals eg time only or is it fixed how it is??
You can have it on LongLife or Annual. It only resets the counter.
I just alternate Oil one year Major Service + Oil next year, but then I’m close to 20,000 miles/year frequently.

Agreed. Whenever I query the duration between services, I have always been told max 18 months, this be just be an advisable duration, as I try to keep to around 1 year duration. I know that when the van was delivered it was set up with long life oil.

Back