Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

6.1 Cali height, over 2m

Cali arrived 31st July and I ordered a new sectional garage door 4 days later, after the estimater convinced me his plan would give me enough headroom. The lead time slipped (just like plenty of others) And it was eventually installed today. So four months after bringing her home, she is at last tucked away tonight. Sectional door fitted inside the brickwork (not between as was previously) with the wooden frame removed has given me the 2.06 mentioned above. The pic below suggests that 2m plus the gap equals my 2.06 headroom. Pleased with the look of the new door and even more pleased that the Cali is locked away safe and sound.

View attachment 86986
We have a similar experience - a tight fit all round but just glad it fits in the garage!

7532146C-CE3F-42DF-A272-7991428754D7.jpeg

We have a similar experience - a tight fit all round but just glad it fits in the garage!

View attachment 86987
Do you worry about how payload effects ride height? First time in the garage tonight, but with 3/4 fuel. No water onboard, but maybe 20kg of camping odds n ends. I guess I should be wary when fuel is on the fumes. But looks like you are far tighter for headroom than me. Wow. Hats off to you sir.

Do you worry about how payload effects ride height? First time in the garage tonight, but with 3/4 fuel. No water onboard, but maybe 20kg of camping odds n ends. I guess I should be wary when fuel is on the fumes. But looks like you are far tighter for headroom than me. Wow. Hats off to you sir.
We tend to empty the van before we pop it in the garage because we can’t open the tailgate once inside - so it can only be at a little lower. We also fill up just before we get home so the tank is always full (ish). But to be honest my other half watches the van inside from a step ladder every time. I have been tempted to lower it but so far we have managed :)
I have to be honest that if it had been me watching the van under first time we did this I probably would have bottled it - but now we have done it once we are a bit more relaxed!! (Though we do not attempt it in the dark or after a very long drive home!)
Best not to get complacent though!

Last edited: