Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

7 Pin Bike Rack Disconnection (alarmed)

J

Jester

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 680
This could possibly work on the Cali also, I have a 2018 Tiguan with OEM tow bar and Thule bike rack. Car was locked I pulled out the 7 pin plug and the car alarm activated until I pressed the fob to open. great deterrent.

Same on my factory fit detachable towbar on a T5.1

Part of the VW alarm system when you have a properly installed and coded Towbar to prevent/alert of a trailer/caravan or anything plugged into the Towbar electrics.

Yes got a surprise/shock when I pulled the plug out of a 'Locked' Cali and the Alarm went off. T6.

Have thought of using a trailer extension cable as an anti theft warning if routed through bikes. ie plugged into Cali socket and Bike rack plug.

Yes got a surprise/shock when I pulled the plug out of a 'Locked' Cali and the Alarm went off. T6.

Have thought of using a trailer extension cable as an anti theft warning if routed through bikes. ie plugged into Cali socket and Bike rack plug.
That was my thought after it going off as I had just got back from the bike shop looking for locks, the Bike shops Around here look like they have been raped and pillaged.

Just going back to your idea, so you have shut up shop gone to bed, locked the doors from inside would that still activate the alarm ?