Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

900 mile bike ride - part 2

Impressed and an inspiration. I really must get off my butt when its allowed.

It's now a lovely route. Very few miles of major roads and going through some really unspoilt places.

It's now a lovely route. Very few miles of major roads and going through some really unspoilt places.
A lovely route indeed GJ. Did you map that on Google maps or have you used another app? Would love to do that on the cycle some day. How many miles does that add up to in one go? (I know, based on your plans, you will do double that :)).

That route looks epic!

A lovely route indeed GJ. Did you map that on Google maps or have you used another app? Would love to do that on the cycle some day. How many miles does that add up to in one go? (I know, based on your plans, you will do double that :)).

That route looks epic!

I used Komoot for the original outline. It's great for finding cycleways and gravel tracks.

However the first route using Komoot dropped us quite South so took us through Bridgend, Magor, Port Talbot etc .... relatively flat but uninspiring. Milton Keynes did not do much for me either.

Second attempt was better.,took us further North, Forest of Dean, Abergavenny then heads of the valleys, but still some quite uninspiring chunks. Also had problems with Campsites in the Bedford - MK area.

So I threw it further North still, From Cambridge cutting across to Earls Barton via St Neots, then south of Northampton, across the Cotswolds, south of Evesham, Upton upon Severn, Hereford. Hay on Wye, Southwest over the Brecons then west keeping North of the A40. Some quite challenging hills, especially Wye Valley and Brecon but stunning countryside.

415 miles Linear, 850 miles with our round trips plus 50 miles of side trips.

So it looks like the green light from Boris :D

Lift off for holidays is the 17th May ..... our planned departure date, and first site booked, is 19th May .....

Should I send Boris a link to my just giving page?

In England.
Wales could be different.