Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky

Forever young (ish!)
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Help please!
Can anyone advise me of a place where I can exchange my empty 907's for full ones, or have them refilled in the West Midlands area?
Thanks.

Been there - only cartridges.

Looked here before but somehow couldn't find a retailer who did the refill service. Everyone seems to do empty 907's! Very odd.
Anyway have found someone just round the corner from me - good price too at £24.
Thanks for help. Happy camper again!!
Rare that you'll get a refill. Most I've found just exchange for a discounted price - £24 is pretty reasonable.

Pedleys in Bedworth usually have them but I'd call ahead. It's where we exchange ours.

I saw someone swapping one in Halfrauds.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu
Thanks Tom - our local Halfords sell the empty cylinder for £25 but seem unable to recommend anywhere for an exchange/refill. Very odd!

Rare that you'll get a refill. Most I've found just exchange for a discounted price - £24 is pretty reasonable.
£24 was for an exchange. Off to Tenby at the weekend for the Club meet and was getting a little paranoid as we are very close to running out of gaz and local to Tenby the exchange price is a whopping £45 and was not prepared to pay that!! Thanks for help.

Last edited:
£24 was for an exchange. Of to Tenby at the weekend for the Club meet and was getting a little paranoid as we are very close to running out of gaz and local to Tenby the exchange price is a whopping £45 and was not prepared to pay that!! Thanks for help.
Crikey. That's the kinda price I'd expect to pay for a full 'first purchase'. Worth planning ahead then for sure.

The price of refills is part of the reason we're moving to calor but as a beach owners its a bit easier to do that.

I know you can get adapters to refill them yourselves but I'm not sure on the safety of them. Once you have one you can refill at normal filling stations.

Don't try this at home :)
2012-02-28180240.jpg

Don't try this at home :)
2012-02-28180240.jpg
The Insurance company would love that. There is more to it than just refilling with the gas. Pressure testing, seals etc:.

You could go for a Gaslow refillable, you’ll need to change the regulator, I had the system on my old transit and it’s less than a fiver to refill .
They now do a bottle with the same dimensions as the Camping Gaz bottle. If your a regular gas user it soon pays for itself

Hardware store in Lye in the Black Country provided my last one

Good local ironmongers should sell them, i have no problem in S. Derbyshire
Hello John,
I live in South Derbyshire and will soon need a gas bottle refill (will be my first). Where do you go for yours? Any recommendations would be welcome.
Thanks.
Lynne

I googled around my new location to find a suitable swap point this week, and ended up on an industrial estate in Shrewsbury. Lovely place, lovely lads but a whopping £34.99 to swap my 907 over. We don't use much gas in the van - a few kettles and we mostly cook outside on a mini stove, so it'll last for ages but jeez, last time I swapped (probably about 3 years ago, pre cali at a marina in Cambridgeshire) I recall paying about 24 quid. That's inflation I guess!