Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

CAMPINGAZ 907 REFILL

J

JDWB

Hello,
I need to exchange my empty 907 for a full one. I live in West Yorkshire. Any ideas on the cheapest place to get one please.
Regards
Dave

Current cost in France from any major supermarket is €19.95 - €22.85.

That's about £19.00 maximum so get yours outside of rip-off Britain if you possibly can.

Rod

paid £12.67 last week in santander spain 15.85 euros, always buy outside uk if possible, ( rip of britain) as worked hard to achieve this accolade. 2008 reflex silver auto

Other than Spain which is cheap, I wouldn't bother getting too het up about saving a few quid for a gas bottle.
I paid £23 for a refill from my local BP garage, my previous bottle lasted me nearly 4 years!!
So for the sake of hardly anything who cares?
Unless you're getting through them on a weekly basis that is.....

Freeley said:
Other than Spain which is cheap, I wouldn't bother getting too het up about saving a few quid for a gas bottle.
I paid £23 for a refill from my local BP garage, my previous bottle lasted me nearly 4 years!!
So for the sake of hardly anything who cares?
Unless you're getting through them on a weekly basis that is.....

Agree fill up where ever is nearest when it runs out. We got ours partially full 2nd hand last year and still going strong. Even if I pay top dollar to refill when it is empty it is nothing compared to other cali running costs :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Hello All,
Thanks for all your help and advice. After lots of searching on the net I ended up paying £23 at Calor Gas Centre, Gelderd Road, Leeds. Other suppliers in area were asking for £30.
Kind Regards
Dave

We paid about £23 on the site at this years CotF which I thought was a good price under the circumstances.

Our gas has just run out (first time since we got the van). How do you change the nozzle on the top of the bottle and attach it to the replacement bottle? I've not done this before and don't want to cause a gas leak!

Turn the gas bin lid loose ( in the bottom of the rear closet). Detach the tube (turn clockwise to detach, anti-clockwise to attach - just the other way you would normally expect!). Lift the bottle out of it's bun, and then turn the pressure gauge loose. Put the pressure gauge on the new bottle, place it in the gas bun, and attach the tube again. Bun lid on. As simple as this.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met behulp van Tapatalk

Read 'its' for 'it's' .... Darn checkers!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met behulp van Tapatalk

OK cool, that sounds easy! I was half expecting to have to buy a special tool!

Only hand tighten it don't set on it with a wrench!

Thanks, I'll give it a go this weekend. Forum 1 - Handbook Nil.

If it gives you any confidence ...

Even I can do it :D

Me trying to do anything mechanical or practical is usually the kiss of death but I have managed to change my gas bottle twice now without either needing a new van or blowing up the neighbourhood.

Ditto six times over the bit about hand tighten only .... which is handy as my family has had an asbo issued stopping me from ever having a hammer or spanner in my hands,,,,

And finally ... Take the little screw on handle that you took off the new bottle and screw it on to the old bottle. Retailer may not exchange the old bottle without it

they will charge you for the handle about £4 if not returned with bottle

ChrisandPenney52 said:
And finally ... Take the little screw on handle that you took off the new bottle and screw it on to the old bottle. Retailer may not exchange the old bottle without it

Personally I would just break down in tears, swear that it never came with a handle, tell them about the severe personal struggles I have had recently with my Sat-nav directing me into beet fields and ask how dare they treat a pensioner like this.

It might not work for you though :eek:

It's not really an issue as most retailers will simply take the handle off the refill bottle.

We are getting thro a gas bottle per 2 weeks......is there something amiss or do I just cook more food? Asked CaliKev at Cirencester who claimed his had lasted 3 years!
Regards
Zebedee

I last exchanged mine in May.

Been away 25 days since then.

Brewing tea and toasting bread is about the most, sometimes cooking rice, heating up ready meals, defrosting a home made Thai curry, occasionally heating water to wash myself, in fact I use mine quite a lot!

Have you got a leak somewhere?

Back