Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

About to Order and a couple of questions

Biddy550

Biddy550

Vehicle
N/A
Hi Guys

About to order the following:

Ocean 150 with DSG in Candy White (Loved the other white but couldn't justify the extra £1000)
LED Lights
Lights and Vision
Leather Multifunction telephone and display controls
Composition Media Radio
App Connect (I have an iphone)
Fuel Tank 80l
Front and Rear Sensors with Camera
2 USB and Aux In (cant understand why you have to spec these as its a non cost option)
Electric Sliding Door *
Bed Extension with Comfort Mat
Awning in Black
Heat Insulating Glass Privacy
Alcantara

Im also going to get the dealer to put bicolor Dakar alloys on, lowered, front and rear spoilers and side rails...

Before my order could you please provide some guidance.....
-* Is the Electric Door worth it (I love my toys!!) Can it be disabled to manual?
- Should I have Premium Bluetooth, what advantages does it have?
- Is the Chrome Pk worth it?
- Any comments on spec?
Dealer has quoted 8 month build
Many Thanks.

The electric door is the marmite of California's!

Some hate it, other poor fools like me consider it an essential to my happy living.Some have had a lot of problems with it but mine has been total trouble-free and a boon that I will never be without again.

I have no idea about bluetooth. I was brought up in the days when if you had a black tooth then the dentist pulled it out! :shocked

The electric door is the marmite of California's!

Some hate it, other poor fools like me consider it an essential to my happy living.Some have had a lot of problems with it but mine has been total trouble-free and a boon that I will never be without again.

I have no idea about bluetooth. I was brought up in the days when if you had a black tooth then the dentist pulled it out! :shocked

Haha Thank you Jen. Think Im going to order it. VW have just confirmed you can manually use it by disabling a couple of latches. Seems a cheap option compared to some of them. LED cost are outrageous but as soon as I saw them I knew I had to have them, they look so cool!!

Welcome @Biddy550 , don't know that much on the UK optionlist but heated front window is very usefull.

Hi Guys

Ocean 150 with DSG in Candy White (Loved the other white but couldn't justify the extra £1000)
LED Lights
Lights and Vision
Composition Media Radio
Fuel Tank 80l
2 USB and Aux In (cant understand why you have to spec these as its a non cost option)
Electric Sliding Door *
Awning in Black
Alcantara

Im also going to get the dealer to put bicolor Dakar alloys on, lowered, front and rear spoilers and side rails...

-* Is the Electric Door worth it (I love my toys!!) Can it be disabled to manual?
- Any comments on spec?
Many Thanks.
Nice spec!

You might like Servotronic Speed Sensitive Power Steering
http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/technology/driving/power-assisted-steering

Chrome pack is well worth it imho. Main feature being the black B Pillar. Makes a difference on my Indium Grey but even more so on a white one.

LED lights are expensive but very nice.

I also like gadgets but for me the electric doors were something I left off. I understand if they are disabled they are very heavy. No personal experience.

You've gone beyond cost being an issue so have what you want.

Mike

Haha Thank you Jen. Think Im going to order it. VW have just confirmed you can manually use it by disabling a couple of latches. Seems a cheap option compared to some of them. LED cost are outrageous but as soon as I saw them I knew I had to have them, they look so cool!!
We love love LOVE the electric doors. With our kids piling in and out it's safer than the sliding door as they can open and shut it themselves whilst getting fingers out of the way. Also great for quick entry on rainy days open at a distance so no waiting getting wet and the exit remote close means we're in the house before the door has shut on the van.
We'd always spec one now.

We love love LOVE the electric doors. With our kids piling in and out it's safer than the sliding door as they can open and shut it themselves whilst getting fingers out of the way. Also great for quick entry on rainy days open at a distance so no waiting getting wet and the exit remote close means we're in the house before the door has shut on the van.
We'd always spec one now.

Thanks Everyone. One final question.... I want a big LCD TV with DVD fitted too can you recommend anyone?

Thanks Everyone. One final question.... I want a big LCD TV with DVD fitted too can you recommend anyone?
Depends what you mean by 'big'. Do you want to run it off the leisure battery or hook-up. There are not too many decent 12v systems about. We have this one from Comfortz which we find a good compromise - it's a reasonable size screen, doesn't take up too much storage space, and has a 12v power option.

http://www.comfortzleisure.net/index.php?route=product/product&path=106_133&product_id=186

But I suspect it may not meet your definition of big :(

Hi Guys

LED Lights
Lights and Vision
Composition Media Radio
Fuel Tank 80l
Electric Sliding Door *
Awning in Black
Alcantara

- Any comments on spec?
Many Thanks.
Haha - love that you couldn't justify the colour option cost with this list - even longer than mine :D. The chrome pack wasn't available when I ordered. I might have gone for it. I love the Alcantara - it is also incredibly stain resistant - ours survived a coffee spill first trip out. Have you considered the adaptive cruise control. I was sceptical but use it all the time. App connect is a bit of a dissapointment tbh. There's a recent post about it. It's is a bit limited. However I would still have it in the hope it will improve with future IOS updates. If you intend to sleep downstairs a lot then the comfort mat will be beneficial. But be aware that it takes up a lot of space. We made do without it for that reason - we mostly sleep upstairs anyway.

All in all it looks like a great Spec. Push the button and anticipate .................

Last edited:
Thank you everyone. Ive taken your advice and added Chrome Pk and Adaptive Cruise Control. My God the cost just runs and runs but a couple of salesman have been good saying you don't need this and that etc but also if you are waiving add that option as you may be disappointed if you don't.

Reactions: DM
Thank you everyone. Ive taken your advice and added Chrome Pk and Adaptive Cruise Control. My God the cost just runs and runs but a couple of salesman have been good saying you don't need this and that etc but also if you are waiving add that option as you may be disappointed if you don't.
Hi Biddy 550, don't order before speaking to Guy Vincent at Preston VW. I've had 3 from him. Good discount and quick delivery. Tell him Ali from the forum has recommended him.

On The T5 disabling the electric door is by a switch on the dash but when in the manual mode it is really heavy. So it might be worth checking that the T6 has a lighter manual mode. If it's a mechanical rather than electric change it may well be lighter.

Mattress topper does take up more space but so comfortable if you have to sleep downstairs

Thank you for all your responses.

Well guys I did an about U turn!!! I decided to buy a second hand van in the end. I was concerned about paying a lot for a new one and not using her, so I bought a 2012 SE in Candy White. Pick her up in the week. Quite a few miles at 60k. But has DSG, Cruise, Parking Senors, Multi Function Wheel, Privacy, silver awning, Tow Bar, Visabilty Pk. Would have liked a few more extras but thought it's a good way to see if I liked the lifestyle first then order new if I do.

Paid £33k for her from a VW dealer who wouldnt come down at all on price. Do you think I've paid a reasonable price?
I think I want to put the Retro Alloys on from the T6 Caravelle and more Chrome on the exterior. Do you guys know where I can purchase them?

I would get just the assisted closing of the door and get the electric rear door instead. In winter it is heavy to lift, in warmer temps it is heavy to close.

Back