Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

About to order new Ocean

Hello - first post but been lurking/researching here a while. Thanks for all the useful contributions and threads here, it helped a great deal in the decision making process. I intend to order with a dealer in my hometown in the North West. Here is the spec (anything I have missed? advice and comments welcomed)

California Ocean 2.0 TDI 150 PS - 6 speed manual
Metallic Paint
Awning - black
Parkings sensors front and rear with rear camera
Composition Media Radio with 6.33 screen
App Connect
Privacy Glass
Cruise Control
Mud flaps

£46,300 quoted which includes discount of around 8% - will have to wait until late May for delivery but I reckon well worth the wait. Could I do better with a dealership in the South East ?
DSG and at the very least, tow bar preparation. I have driven both the 6 speed manual and the DSG and they are both excellent. However the DSG is silky smooth and effortless and thoroughly suits this expensive leisure vehicle. When you are sitting in an endless stop start traffic jam you will be glad that you opted for the DSG.
Retro fitting a tow bar can be very expensive. Even if you can never see yourself needing one it is worth considering at least the tow bar prep because when you come to sell it, it might be a deal breaker. Many people like to have a tow bar not only for towing but also to attach bike racks onto.
Good luck.

Hi All. An update for you. Picking up the van on June 23rd - what a birthday present! Just a question - is there a need for running in the new engine? I ask because I'm picking up from Preston and heading straight back the motorway to the south east. Thanks.

My advice, although I'm not an expert is, Don't drive it like you stole it nor drive like Miss Daisy. Just drive it normal with no extremes at either end.

Hi Geoff,

I'd avoid hard acceleration. You could easily do this between idle & 3000rpm.
Hard acceleration = loading up the engine. Try sticking to a light throttle. My opinion is that this is more important than actual rpm on the clock.

Enjoy the pick-up day, it's a great feeling.
Cheers

What's the definition of high rpm. The usual vagueness baffles me. Get it driven spooks.

What's the definition of high rpm. The usual vagueness baffles me. Get it driven spooks.
Put the multi function indicator on average fuel consumption and when it goes below 30 you know you are driving it too hard. :)

Put the multi function indicator on average fuel consumption and when it goes below 30 you know you are driving it too hard. :)
Come on Keith, if it drops below 4 its perhaps the case :)

I managed 50 on a run into town, my better half got under 30, so I know what I'm talking about :)
I drive like the wind....... On a summers day. I'm currently trying to achieve 50 in my work vehicle during my commute. Just for fun.
Its all relative I was averaging <16mpg a few years ago but that comes with a compromise.