Accessing T6 roof pump

M

mpheath

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi, does anyone have any advice on how to access the roof pump in a 2019 T6 California Ocean? The roof almost opens completely but not fully so I thought I would check and if necessary top up the fluid. The process for removing the overhead console (i.e., control panel, sunglasses holder) was straightforward but it seems that on a T6 the two retaining screws for the pump holder (i.e., the 2 furthest back from the windscreen) are underneath the headlining, which makes me think there must be an easier way. Any advice on this, or more generally on a saggy T6 roof, would be much appreciated. Matt

Some (like me) take out the whole roof lining, others just pull the pump out with everything still in place.
The one thing you can try to do, without removing all the head lining is to remove the sunvisor hooks near the center roof console. If they are still the same as a T5, it's just getting the cover off, and unscrewing 2x2 screws. Then you can drop your headlining a bit more in the middle to try to reach the 2 other screws holding the pump holder.

Back