Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

As promised: Changing the electrohydraulic roof pump!

Thanks.
ive been doing similar searches for weeks and I’ve seen lots of pictures of the pump, but don’t recall seeing details of an extra switch to operate the pump.

Small update:

It looks like I found the reason why my roof lowered wonky. The emergency hydraulic pressure reliever for emergency roof lowering wasn't as tight as it had to be.

I tightened the screw, and now the roof closes even again. Now I can't "shake" the roof anymore, pushing the oil from the left side to the right and back.

I haven't had the time to test the roof's ability to stay up for more than 24 hours without having the need to pump the roof up again, but I have full confidence that it will be alright now.

Thanks for the useful thread and pictures... some beginner questions following an emergency roof closure...

A friend has a 2015 T5 with the electrohydraulic roof. It apparently got jammed in the open position, and the roadside rescue used the bleed screw to close the roof to get the 50 miles home. (What Velcro?) I looked at it yesterday.

Should we be able to lift the roof manually? Just pushing it up? We managed to raise it about 6 inches, although it appeared hugely heavy and maybe we were pushing against the hydraulics.

If we get the roof up, is there a recommended order of checking things - disassembling the cabin looks to be only if we're changing the pump. I'd like to verify all the simple stuff first.

Is it even possible to lower/raise the roof manually?

Thanks in advance - Aidan

Back