Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

ADAC Recovery

ChrisandPenney52

ChrisandPenney52

VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
I recently spoke to a caravaner who has used ADAC, the German auto club, for some years for his recovery services. He also has travel and health insurance with them. The only issue is that, because it is a German service, it does not provide health cover in Germany, as this would be covered for the typical German customer by domestic national health. I assume recovery would be though.

His opinion was that the rates were very competitive and that the coverage of the service was pretty comprehensive, and worldwide including UK.

Not sure if this is a runner, but might consider it when my VW Recovery runs out in a year's time. So, has anyone used it, and if so what experiences have you had?

I think there is no comparable recovery service like ADAC in Europe. I'm a ADAC member since i got my drivers licence and needed their service serval times, they solved my problems quickly and very satisfying (even in France). I checked the ADAC website and found the following:

Code:
ADAC membership requires that your place of residence is in Germany

I don't know if there is a way around it ;-)

regards
Chris

My vw roadside assist ran out last month. I now have equivilent RAC membership £145 fortwo years.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Hi there, I'm trying to find someone who will cover our 1991 Cali for our French holiday this summer. Does anyone have any recommendations? It doesn't sound like I can use ADAC if you have to be a German resident.
Thanks

Back