Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

adblue range not visible anymore in menu

B

BrouwerBeach

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
I got a T6.1 Beach from March 2022.
After 11.000km I got a warning to fill up the adblue, which I did with Adblue from BP.
First 4l but the warning was still there, then I tried another 4l but after 2l the tank overfilled.
I did not wait the 30 seconds before starting the engine
Now I have the following warning indications
def.jpg
The warning is in Dutch and states "Check Adblue"
The warning is in white so is not my biggest concern.
My concern is the orange engine warning light plus I cannot see the AdBlue range anymore in the menu...
Anybody has similar experiences ?

Thanks

I got a T6.1 Beach from March 2022.
After 11.000km I got a warning to fill up the adblue, which I did with Adblue from BP.
First 4l but the warning was still there, then I tried another 4l but after 2l the tank overfilled.
I did not wait the 30 seconds before starting the engine
Now I have the following warning indications
View attachment 98760
The warning is in Dutch and states "Check Adblue"
The warning is in white so is not my biggest concern.
My concern is the orange engine warning light plus I cannot see the AdBlue range anymore in the menu...
Anybody has similar experiences ?

Thanks
Others have reported similar when the Handbook instructions are not followed. Will require a trip to the Dealership or call out VW Assistance to fix this I'm afraid.

Others have reported similar when the Handbook instructions are not followed. Will require a trip to the Dealership or call out VW Assistance to fix this I'm afraid.
Saw a similar post elsewhere, whereby the fix was to fill it up completely (Which you have done) and take it for a drive, just for the sensor to recalibrate. Can I ask how many miles you have driven since filling the tank? Or are you afraid to drive it due to the warning?

Saw a similar post elsewhere, whereby the fix was to fill it up completely (Which you have done) and take it for a drive, just for the sensor to recalibrate. Can I ask how many miles you have driven since filling the tank? Or are you afraid to drive it due to the warning?
I drove indeed some 200km, then the warnings changed to belowdef 030922.jpg
Adblue range 1000km. I am happy the range is back in the menu but it does not seem to correspond with a full Adblue tank....

Just to round up the story: I went to the VW dealer. They found a small leak in an AdBlue hose and replaced it and after resetting and doing a test ride, all was ok. Of course it was part of the guarantee. They told me that the reason for the alarms was that there are pressure transmitters present which initiate these alarms due to the leak. Hopefully this is the end of the story :)

Back